36: Back to Hogwarts

The holidays were over soon. Sooner than I expected.

Why do holidays always end quick!?

I was on the station.

''Sweetheart, you run through the wall between platform 9 and 10. Okay?'' My grandmother tells me.

''Grammy I've already been to hogwarts, remember?'' I try to pacify herself. But she is being so fussy. I guess she is just nostalgic and she wants me to know that she cares.

''I remember when your mother was here for the first time. She screamed at me because I asked her to run into a wall! Oh was it a hard time to make the muggles not notice us after that. We were almost late'' poppa tells me.

Guess who I get the troublemaker gene from?

We finally make it to platform 9¾.

My grandparents cuddle me and shower me with kisses one more time before we head off the hogwarts.

I board the train and wait for Harry and Draco to come.

But the first one to enter my compartment was Neville.

''Hello, may I sit here please?'' He asks Sofly.

''Yeah, sure Neville.'' I nonchalantly say.

''H-how do you know my name?'' He seems shocked.

Wait. I'm Ruby now. Shit.

I pulled a Hermione.

''It's written on your bag.'' Wow. I love my extra active senses. ''So I assumed that its your name. Was i wrong? I'm sorry.''

I am SO lucky that he has a bag with his name on it.

Yay.

We talked about what year he is in and I told him that I'm a transfer student. Same thing I told the Weasleys.

And after around 15 mins Harry came.

''Sorry Ruby, I was talking with 'Mione and Ron. Oh, hello Neville, seems like you've met Ruby.'' Harry says.

''He-hello h-h-Harry.'' Neville stutters.

''There's no need to stutter Nev. Harry's a big fat softie!'' I say and put a hand around Harry's shoulder.

After talking for some time, Neville is finally comfortable and not stuttering around Harry.

Around 7 mins later Harry excused himself to use the restroom.

And... Perfect. Draco comes in.

''Hey, Ruby sorry, I was forcefully confabulating with some of the Slytherin acquaintances.'' He looks up. His eyes stare into mine. And woah. We have had stare offs before when I was living with severus. But this time. Wow. His eyes.

But I snap myself out of it. And Draco also seems to notice that we had company.

''Well I would be expecting you sitting with potter. But Longbottom? Remind me why I talk to you again.'' His sarcasm shows.

Okay. I can handle this. My heart isn't beating fast at all.

''It's because I'm awesome and you enjoy my amazingness. Also, Neville is my friend and I would appreciate it if you didn't insult him.'' I sat with a lot. I mean a lot. Of voice modulation.

''Okay. Whatever you want princess.'' He shrugs and takes a seat next to me. Claiming that he didn't want to sit next to Neville. But I gave him a good whack on his head.

Neville was very uncomfortable but within a minute Harry was back.

''Hey. Sorry, Sirius made chick-pea curry and bread in the morning.'' And he noticed Draco.

They don't particularly like each other. But they tolerate the other for me.

So sweet.

After a while, sliza wanted to come out of my bag. And boy, was Neville shocked!

But I managed to calm him. Draco and Harry were very happy to see him.

The rest of the train ride went with us bonding over random things and Neville relaxed too.

But the funniest thing was Draco going under the invisibility cloak each time a student passed our compartment.

He needs to keep up his reputation. His words.

We debated on that too. Since voldy, which we referred to as HE, was gone he no longer needed the reputation.

Neville did not try to include himself and quietly submerged himself into a herbology book.

He finally decided to let go of the reputation.

After 6 long hours we reached hogwarts. And it is so pretty. Just Like the first time I saw it. But this time I'm seeing it with my own two eyes.

We go in and one thing catches my eye. Severus Is in the DADA teacher's place. Another painful reminder that Remy is dead.

But in the potions teacher's spot is an oddly familiar woman. But I cant see her face because her hair is covering it and she is looking down.

But when she looks up, I see very familiar eyes.

She looks like....

Another cliffy!! Who might that be!?!?!

(I know!)

Shut up mental voice. We are trying to build up suspense for the readers.

(Aww. Okay)

Anyways, i will probably be ending the story at 40 or 45 chapters.
Wouldn't want to make it too long would we?

I will very editing all of this once it's over. But i also have another story idea in my mind. I made an oath to start another story only after I finish this one.
P.s. the other one will be non-hp  for our muggle friends.

Also, is there anything that is not adding up? I haven't read the book yet. So, if I'm forgetting something or If there are points are not adding up, feel free to inform me and I will correct them.