37: How?

She looks like my mother!

But she's dead? Isn't she?

She looks just like her. Except the hair. Mum in the picture had long hair. She has a short onion cut.

After my initial shock My rational and logical brain kicked in. I turned towards Severus.

He just stared at me. A look that said he doesn't know how to react. Clearly, he knows who the woman is.

Okay. Calm down. Let's get seated with the first years. I considerably stand out because of my height. I'm not very tall. But I'm taller than first years.

It's awkward honestly.

That's when I realized, I don't know which house my mother was in.

Soon my name was called.

''Exostrefis, Ruby.'' Minerva calls a slight smile playing on her lips. Opps, Professor McGonagall from now.

I sit on the stool that is way too small for me. I'm afraid it'll break.

The hat was put on my head. And it spoke. I tried putting up my mental barriers but it was too late. Shit.

'Well, what do we have here? Alternate universe? Hmm interesting. So compmex and interesting that I'll have to put you in... ''SLYTHERIN''

Hardly anyone cheered. But the ones who cheered the most was Draco. He hooted too!

And why did my heart just skip a beat!?

Severus's was clapping too. A small almost nonexistent smile on his lips.

And the whole Slytherin table followed Draco's lead.

The only one to cheer from the other houses was Harry. A few hufflepuffs clapped.

I looked towards her as I walk over to the table to sit next to Draco. She has a smile. She's looking down. But she has a smile.

After a second, Draco put his hand on my shoulder in a comforting way. His voice in my head said 'I know somethings not right, but you're holding up really well. We will talk about it in the common room. Sev will make sure our rooms are only a wall away. We will find a way to communicate.'

'Thanks Draco. I'll tell you later for sure. And yeah. I would like that.' I said to him and focus ok eating.

Blaise Zabini was seated next to me.

He whispers ''hey, listen new girl. If you need help finding your way through the castle just ask any of us. Slytherin's stick together. despite the internal quarrels. We need to look united. Don't go anywhere alone, the other houses are waiting to pounce on us.''

I whispered back. Greatful for his support. ''My name's Ruby. Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Although I must warn you, anyone who messes with me will regret it.''

He seemed impressed by my reply.

And Draco was glaring at Zabini.

Is he jealous? Does he like me? Do I like him?

I was pondering upon these thoughts as Dumbledore rose and started his speech. He introduced the defense against the dark arts teacher as Severus. And that the potions teacher will be Professor Kertura.

Okay, my dead mother is alive and she will be my potions teacher.

He didnt mentiona anything about the triwizard tournament this year. Aww man. It's not happening.

Atleast Cedric will live. He's at the hufflepuff table. Smiling and laughing at something Cho said.

After dinner we went to the common room.

The prefect was giving the first years and me the usual speech while Draco and the others went to bed. After the speech. Severus asked me to come to his office. And he left. I followed him to his office.

''Ruby I don't know what to say. Except I'm sorry. I didn't know that she was alive'' we bothe know who he is talking about.

''I didn't know that she is the new potions teacher. She came in just few moments before the students.'' He explained.

''Congratulations on making it Into Slytherin. And yes, I will make sure you and draco are only a wall apart and your rooms will have a portrait that connects it to my chambers. Draco's room already does. Now so will yours.''

''Thank you Severus. Now the only question remaining is, what and how much does Dumbledore know?''

I bid Him goodnight and after that question and I go into my room throught the portrait that connects severus's and my room.

Good night.

Y'all didn't expect that did ya!?

It's her mum!
But how much does Dumbledore know?

And what do you think about this chapter? How's the plot twist? How did she come back?

I guess we will get our answers in the next chapter. Until then. Bye people