21: Catching a Bug and Freeing a Dog

I went straight to the leaky cauldron knowing that that's where I'll get all the news. In this rush I completely forget about the owl waiting outside the caffe for me.

Who would have leaked the information before I could get a hold of skeeter?

Then the same owl came and pecked my head.

It was mad. Oh that poor thing. I sat in a corner in the leaky cauldron and opened the letter.

Pup

I did as you said. And I might have done little extra.

I have a contact in the press. I made sure to give him the information before I made the oath.

Moony
Nice. But I'll need something to tell Skeeter.

Right... the triwizard tournament!!

With that thought, I got myself a room and  I fell asleep.

I woke up at 11 the next morning.
No. 11 is NOT considered afternoon! It is too early to be called afternoon.

It took me around 30 mins to get ready for the day and to put on all my glamors. I looked just like the tine when I came to diagon ally to meet the goblins. After my morning routine, I went down and waited for the bug to fly in.

She walked in 10 mins early. Wearing.... a red and black outfit! Wow. A true lady-bug.

''Miss Skeeter. Follow me''

She came and sat on the chair that I had spelled to not let the next sitter get up.

She is stuck now. Literally.

''I have gotten wind that this year hogwarts will be hosting the triwizard tournament'' I start out.

Her eyes bulged out.

''How reliable is your source Mr...?''

''Exostrefis. And it is very reliable.'' I tell her in a Guffy tone.

''Also miss Skeeter, do print the facts only. Try not to twist the truth, for I know a truth that will get your wand twisted and snapped.'' I tell her with a cheery voice.

Sadistic? Hell yeah!

''Of-of course Mr. Exostrefis.''

''You can call me Evan.''

''Then do call me Rita.''

''Rita I ask for one thing in return for not outing you to the ministry. Your alliance. Do I have it?''

''Yes Evan.''

''Swear upon your magic''

She stammers, clearly not wanting to risk it.

''Backing away already Rita. Tsk. I didn't expect it this early. Guess the dementors will be happy to have you.''

''I swear on my magic that my loyalties lie in Evan Exostrefis only.''

Yes!

''Okay Rita you are free to go.'' I released the spell from her chair.

''Oh. Rita. One more thing.'' I call her back.

And tell her the real story of what happen to Sirius Black. In my words.

She promises to publish it in the evening edition.

And then.... a few minutes after Rita leaves, and just as I was about to drink my butterbeer,

Sirius came in with Remus. Sirius in human form! Wow. He looked like a well respected man from a noble and well off family.

I think my shock was seen on my face because sirius looked at me once and his stare turned cold and harsh.

'Why..?' I thought and Harry reminded me 'Ruby you are still in the character of evan Exostrefis.  Sirius just doesn't recognize you.'

'Oh right...'

I smiled a little and Sirius came to my table and glared at me. I matched the intensity of his glare.

''Let's talk in the room padfoot. I'm Prongslet.  I just had to take care of a certain bug.'' I tell him.

His faces suddenly changes.

''Oh pup. I didn't know it was you. A nice getup by the way.'' He pointed out. A nod my head at remus as a form of greeting. He nods back. And then we head back into the room I wad renting.

We catch up in the room.

Sirius told me of how Remus got the rat and how he confessed the truth. The ministry thought Sirius was still hiding but they soon spotted him 'accidentally' in a corner in knocturn alley. It was convincing enough. And the auror was arrested for leaking the information. Just as planned. Pettigrew is behind bars. In an animagus proof cell.

All was good. For now. Remus reminded me that I have to get to hogwarts tomorrow.

'Which I totally remembered, right harry?'

'Yeah. You did. It never left your mind' see? Harry remembers too!

Hmm... I guess I pick up some sarcasm from Draco. That boy rubbed off on me!

Tonight was the full moon and Remus had to go. Along with Sirius. Although severus has been supplying the wolfsbane, they don't want tk risk it.

Now, I sleep and wait for the new day. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

It's not great but it is what it is.
Give me your reviews. And what do you think is going to happen next? What character do y'all want to see more of?
It's kinda short, but this is all I could do.

Also comments are really appreciated! I love hearing about what you have to say. It really makes my day.

We reached 5k guys!!!!!!!! Wowowowowowow. I'm grateful to each and every one of you what have decided to give this book a chance.

So, until next time.