035

I'm back with a new chapter! <3

Please enjoy this one and leave a vote please, it really motivates me ♡ ♡

________

Jessi pov:

I hissed in pain as the cashier, Lauren, was bandaging my wounded hand. "Don't worry , I'm almost done", Lauren said as she squinted her eyes in focus, careful as to not hurt me any further.

The last touches on my hand were done and I sighed in relief as Lauren looked at her work proudly, "You're really good at this", I complimented her and a warm smile spread across her features as she nodded. "My mom's a nurse , so I learned a lot from her", I nodded as I studied her features, noticing that there was a glint of sadness in her eyes as she spoke about her mother.

"Your mom's still in America?", I questioned and Lauren let out a dry chuckle as she shook her head. "She was kidnapped by the mafia two years ago, now they use her body to make extra money", she said as her eyes teared up and I immediately understood as I stared at her in pity and wanted to comfort her but a noise was heard from outside as both of our heads whipped to direction where the noise came from, my eyes widened when I saw a black vehicle.

Derick is here!

Happiness flooded my body as I lifted my figure and ran towards the door but my body froze as I saw who stepped out of the car. Angel exited the vehicle with two men doing the same, I recognized them from the little house that Alice and I were held captive in.I panicked as I looked back at Lauren , scared that she would sell me out but I was surprised when she grabbed my arm and dragged me to a door, opening it and pulling us both inside. She finally let go of my hand as she walked over to the corner of the room where a big box was located.

I stared at her in confusion until she gestured for me to climb in and a grateful smile spread across my lips as I made my way to the box and climbed inside, but not before looking back up at Lauren while giving her a grateful smile. As I laid my body in the box, Lauren hurriedly put a old door on the box, closing it and leaving me in the darkness and in this tight space. I immediately had some unpleasant flashbacks as I suddenly remembered the punishments at the orphanage and how they would put the children in a small, dark closet to leave them there for hours when they were disobedient.

~~~

"You disobedient child!, You dare try to escape with your sister!", The furious man yelled angrily as he pulled my small figure back inside the orphanage.

"N-no Alice!", I screamed as I thought of my sister and how she just left me here at this orphanage, tears streamed down my cheeks as I sobbed and the man dragged me to Mrs Williams, the caretaker , the most selfish and evil woman there is.

I was lifted from the ground by the man and my legs struggled to stand because I was trembling with fear. The moment I saw that we were Infront of Mrs William's office , I started biting and scratching the man that held onto me.

My fights were useless against the man as he held my hair in a tight hold and shut me up by slapping me.

The door was opened and I was pushed into the room, my eyes locked with Mrs William's and she stood up from her chair, walking to me with her head held high in pride. "Where's the girl?", She questioned and the man replied, telling her that Alice had escaped without me and my heart broke all over again.

"So you tried to escape but your sister left you behind?!", The woman questioned and started laughing loudly as she she held onto her stomach, I started sobbing louder as she was mocking me further.

When her laughter finally calmed down, she gave me a evil look before muttering:

"You disobeyed me and you shall receive punishment"