033

Jessi pov:

"A-ahhh!", Alice's screams bleed through my ears as Mariah was pressing a hot iron onto her already bruised and cut leg, making her lose even more blood as she was crying in agony, hoping that Mariah would stop and have some mercy.

But she didn't.

And I couldn't do anything about it.

I closed my eyes shut as I sobbed loudly, hoping that all of this is a sick nightmare and that I'll just wake up again with Derick next to me, I hoped that we were in his warm bed and that my sister was okay, that she wasn't being mercilessly tortured by this evil woman.

I felt so hopeless as my throat was already so dry and sore because of all of my screaming for Mariah to stop her vile actions, I bet Alice's throat hurt even more...

Fuck!

FUCK!

"AHHHH, stop please!, PLEASE STOP!", Alice begged in pain while Mariah had a wide smile plastered onto her old features , not even feeling sorry for my poor sister.

"MARIAH STOP!", I screamed at her but she kept burning Alice's thigh and her pained screams got even louder as more tears slipped out of my eyes, my face warmed up as I sobbed louder, not being able to see my sister get more tortured any further.

"STOP!!", I screamed again and Mariah finally stopped, removing the iron from Alice's leg as her head slowly turned to me. Her sick smile was still on her face as she stood up from her knees , finally leaving Alice as she was still sobbing in pain, I gulped as I watched Mariah walk over to me with the hot iron in her hand.

My heartbeat increased even more when she was finally standing Infront of me. She suddenly gripped my jaw and held it in place as she brought the iron near my face , making me close my eyes.

But I don't feel any burn on my skin, instead I just felt the heat radiating from the iron Infront of me, so I slowly open my eyes and see the iron only centimeters away from my face, "Listen my love, I would gladly roast your fucking face if you don't shut the fuck up, okay?", Mariah says to me in a threatening voice as I just stare at her in hate.

"But I wanna keep the best for last, so I won't torture you yet and If you think that the torture that your sister is receiving is bad, then you have no idea what I have in store for you", she says and I stay silent, still glaring at her while a single tear slips down my cheek. Mariah finally let's go of my face as she walks over to a table in the corner of the room as she puts the burning iron on it, soon making her way to the exit before stopping again and taking a deep breathe in.

"This place fucking reeks , I better call someone to clean up so that my guests can feel a little better , Am I not kind?", She says before exiting the room and closing old the door with a loud bang.

My eyes move to Alice as she is lifelessly slumped down in her seat, I can that see that she lost her consciousness and that made worry bubble up inside of me even if I saw her chest rise and fall, indicating that she was still breathing , I was still worried about her leg and that she was losing so much blood.

"Alice", I said more to myself than to her as I stared at her , pitying her as I bit my lip to prevent a sob from escaping.

My poor sister.

My family.

My blood.

As I stared at my sister in pity, the door suddenly opened again and I stared at the door in alert and worry but it died down when I realized that it wasn't Mariah at all , it was one of their workers that probably came in to clean the room.