023

Hello everyone!

Have a nice read(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

Jessi pov:

It's already been a week, a whole damn week since I saw Derick, I thought that he'd only be in Italy for a weekend , but he was gone for week and I was starting to miss him.

There were times when he called me , but it was really short calls like asking how it's going and what I'm doing and stuff, but that just wasn't enough... I was the type of person to like having a conversation for hours at midnight, even if we spoke the most random shit, but I really didn't have a lot of people to do it with, so I tried cancelling it out of me.

I took a big bite of my banana while I was watching the chef doing his business, cooking a dinner and I was just sitting on the counter.

"Sooo", I tried starting a conversation because the comfortable silence that we were in before , was slowly dissolving and turning into a awkward one.

"Do you like cooking , or do you just do it to get paid?", I asked and cringed at the dumb question.

Really bitch?

That's the first question that popped up in that mind of yours?

The chef turned around and gave me a look while smiling at me, he was pretty handsome with blond, wavy hair and blue eyes.

His dimples were showing with his pearly white smile.

"Uhm yeah, I guess, I do enjoy cooking alot", he says and I nod in understanding.

"Why don't you open a restaurant or something , your food tastes absolutely amazing", I say and I see him look down and gulp , as if he was thinking about something unpleasant, because it looked like he didn't know how to answer me.

"Uhh well, it wasn't really my choice to- you know", he says and I immediately realize what he meant by that.

Now let me explain:

Sometimes people arrive at the wrong place , at the wrong time, and when that happens, you either get killed or they use you if you're useful for something, so I'm guessing that this is the case with Mr. Chef right here.

"O-oh my God I am so sorry, I sincerely apologize for being so- God!", I sigh, I was probably red like a tomato because of all the embarrassment, but he just laughs it off and tells me that it's okay and not a big deal.

And then we fall back into silence, and neither of us starts another conversation.

I climb off the counter and decide to get out of the room because sitting here alone with him would just get even more awkward and on my way out, I threw the banana peel in the trashcan and decided to make my way to the garden , but not before taking my favorite book and a blanket with me.

When I finally arrived at the garden, I placed the blanket on the grass and spread it nicely for me to lay on it and read my book... Which was totally not just smutt!

And as I read my book, I start to feel sleepy and decide that sleeping a bit would make the day go by faster, so I put my book aside and lay my head down...

~~~

"Jessi!", I hear a soft voice call and I follow it , it's so dark and I don't even know where I am or how I even got here in the first place, but all I know is that someone is calling out my name and I need to find out who it is.

"Jessi!", The voice calls out again, only a bit louder this time and I pause my movements , breathing rapidly because of the fast running to search for the voice that was calling out for me in this darkness.