Betray Humanity

⚔

. . .

Narrator's POV

The ground shook as Annie's roars filled the air, "Annie knew this would happen... ugh!" You scoffed in anger. Suddenly your heart bumped louder and you knew Annie was running towards you. You picked up your ODM blade and threw it with all the force you could muster. It flew through the air, piercing Annie's eye, and causing her to roar in pain. ( Like throwing a spear) Your heart was racing, and your chest hurt from the exertion.

But there was no time to rest. You had to keep moving the boulders. "Almost there!" You grunted, pushing with my last bit of strength. Mikasa was next to you, working with all her might to slow Annie down. We were so close, but Annie was still trying to escape.

Suddenly, Jean hurdles down next to you both trying to get the last boulder out. " Hey! What are you two doing?!" Jean said. " What does it look like we're doing..!" You grunted trying to pull the boulder out.

" Jean, Eren's trapped!" Armin shouted. " What?! The plan was for him to become a titan!" He exclaimed. " He couldn't, I think it's Annie stopping him!" Armin said. " Annie? That makes sense.." You said. " Anyway, we have to save him, Jean help us!" Armin yelled.

Jean looks down at Eren unconscious with a wooden plank through the chest. " Ngh... Eren, what the hell is wrong with you?! Didn't I once tell you that I'm counting on you?! We have to entrust the world, humanity, and our lives to you, and this is how you repay us?!" He said enraged. " Marco... you know... Damn it!" He shouted.

" As soon as he gets motivated, he's back up. Trust me on this one." You said looking at Jean. Jean scoffs and left the area.  "Well, my mom did tell me this. Someone who can't sacrifice anything can never change anything." I said to Eren. Armin eyes wide of a memory that came back to him and turned to you. " To defeat monsters, you have to be willing to throw aside your humanity. " Armin said to Eren, but you looked at Armin's concerning sentence.

"Abandoning Humanity? Isn't that extreme?" You turn to Armin concerned." Either way, Annie is certainly capable of doing that... although I don't know what her reasons are exactly." Armin said. " But whoever can do it, I think you will always win!" Armin said confidently.

Then a shock felt through your brain.

Behind you.

As you were told by the voice, you quickly grabbed Armin's shirt and jumped high, as the boulder came in and ricocheted toward the three of you. You landed on the road as the debris fall from the house's roof. You got up first, then Armin came up first.

You see the smoke of debris disappear as more boulders came on top of Eren, and there was a stone that is stabbed right through Eren's chest. " Ooo.." You hissed imagining the pain. " There's nothing we can do we have to get Annie first," Armin said and zipped to find Annie. You looked at Eren for just a minute. But you took a deep breath and followed Armin.

. . .

The other cadets including you and Armin raced to the titan refusing to let Annie escape

The other cadets including you and Armin raced to the titan refusing to let Annie escape. Jean told you and Armin to follow him to an upcoming trap. You've realized it was Hanji's trap and nodded to Jean the entire way.

Armin and you follow after Jean. Annie's Female Titan follows after them. Hange and Moblit hide behind the side of a building waiting for the titan's presence with a switch in their hand. Hanji giggles maliciously, making Mobilit worried about her intentions.

Armin and Jean and you pass Hange and Moblit. Annie's Female Titan turns to see Hange. Hange pulls a wire, sending a bunch of wires wrapping around Annie's Female Titan's legs. Luckily, you avoided Annie's grasp. Annie's Female Titan is bound and unable to move, then she falls backward.

The two soldiers, throw a spiked net over Annie. " Phew!" Hanji said loudly, wiping the sweat from their head. " Ok ok! I didn't think Plan C wasn't really necessary but that's Commander Erwin for you!" Hanji said.

Hanji looked down at Annie glaring at her with a scary look. " Now then... be a good girl and stay still for me," Hanji said softly, kneeling down to the titan. Then Hanji noticed a blade that went through Annie's eye still attached. " Now, I wonder who did that," Hanji said. " You're too far to get any titans to devour you," Hanji said.

" But don't worry, I'll be the one devouring you instead. I'll devour all the information that we can drag out of you."Hanji said staring at Annie. Quickly, Annie's Female Titan swings its leg, destroying some of the barrels holding the trap down.

Hanji and the soldier retreated trying to get back on the roof. " Tch, it wasn't enough," Hanji said disappointed. " No way she broke free, we gotta get her Mikasa!" You said to Mikasa. Annie's Titan gets up and tries to escape. " Don't let her escape, follow her!" Hanji ordered.

Y/n quickly uses the ODM Gear to zip around the Female Titan, using the momentum to throw a series of quick, precise punches. The Female Titan tries to grab Y/n but is unsuccessful due to their speed and mobility.

You looked at Mikasa as going too close to the Titan and going too fast. She misplace her step too much and fell hard to the ground. " Mikasa!" You screamed. You stopped following Annie and ran to help Mikasa.

You ran quickly to Mikasa and check her pulse. " Normal. " You said. " Mikasa, hey you alright?" You checked. Mikasa opened her eyes looking worried to Mikasa. " Yeah, I'm fine.. But where's the others?" Mikasa said getting up. " They're still catching up, but if we hurry we can catch her!" You said. Mikasa grabbed your hand trying to get up. " Yeah, right!" She said.

Both of you rode on the top of the roof. Finally, finding Squad Leader Hanji you catch up with the other cadets. Suddenly you felt a light spark.

Move left.

You'd move left as the voice told you.

Lightning strikes the sky, causing a huge black shadow to everyone. Small but extremely fast pebbles zoomed to your opposite side breaking the windows.