Jason x Reader

"Do you want to play Truth or Dare?" Jason, my best friend asked, while I attacked the training dolls with my sword.

"Sure," I shrugged, bringing my sword down. Training was getting boring.

We walked over to the Poseidon cabin in silence. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence. It was a soothing one. Jason stepped in front of me to open the door. I smiled at him.

"Thanks"

Everybody was already in a round. There was space next to Piper, and I sat down next to her with Jason on my other side. There was the Seven, Nico and Will.

"Who's starting?" Piper asked with a mischievous smile on her face.

Leo rose his hand up, "I'll go. Percy, truth or dare?"

"Dare," Percy declared.

"I dare you to talk fish."

We all collectively groaned.

"Leo, I already told you I can't talk fish. I speak with them in my head!"

Leo raised his eyebrow and everybody shot him a glare.

"Fine, guys. I dare you to spin ten times and try to walk straight to Annabeth."

Percy stood up, moved away from Annabeth, and twirled around on himself, rather clumsily. He snorted when he stopped. He tried to walk straight to Annabeth but fell. Annabeth quickly got up to catch him. We all laughed, and he sent a lovesick grin to Annabeth.

"Guess, I just fell for you Wise Girl," he chuckled, and she just shook his head at him and kissed him.

I couldn't help but feel a twinge of envy. I wished I had somebody to care about me like that.

Percy then plopped himself back into the seat next to his girlfriend and asked Piper for her pick.

Piper played it safe, and Percy asked her, "Who's your favourite couple here, O master of love?"

Piper didn't think twice, "Y/n and Jason"

Everybody wiped their heads toward us. We just stared at Piper, both are cheeks turning red. Then, they started throwing questions, asking when we had gotten together, saying it was bound to happen. I even noticed Leo handing money over to Percy. I met eyes with Jason, but he darted his eyes away.

I exclaimed over everybody, "We're not together!"

Silence fell, and everybody looked at Piper, awaiting her verdict. She shrugged her shoulders. I reached out for her, ready to murder her. The only thing she needed to do was deny it. Jason quickly grabbed me.

"Don't make a rash decision you're gonna regret later," he whispered in my ear while everybody giggled. My muscles relaxed, and he let go of me. "Y/n is telling the truth," he stated.

They all raised an eyebrow at him.

"What?"

"You looked all cosy when you stop Y/n from murdering me," Piper snorted.

"That's what best friends do," I defended.

"Fine, fine, fine," Piper rose her hands in defeat. "Truth or dare, Jason?"

This was the moment I murdered her. Jason seemed to hesitate and stole a glance at me. I mouthed out 'Don't say dare'. I don't think he understood me. My face scrunched up.

"Dare?"

Oh gods

"I dare you to kiss Y/n"

There goes my hope she'd back down. Jason nervously looked at me. He scratched the back of his head. He slowly got closer to me, as if scared to kiss me. I slammed my lips against him, to get over it quicker. I pulled back, seconds later, and Jason looked upset. I licked my lips. I was having conflicted feelings about the kiss. Jason looked sour.

"Y/n, truth or dare?"

I stuttered. What was he preparing for me? "Truth?"

By the look on the face, I could tell I had gone with what he wanted.

"Did you like the kiss?"

The tension in the room was thick. Everybody was leaning in to hear my response.

"I don't know?" I felt uncomfortable with the stares and got up, heading for the door. Jason followed after me. I heard Piper scream out something along the lines of 'Good luck'.

"I'm sorry N/n. I didn't mean to upset you," he whispered.

I turned to face him and met his electric blue eyes. I still felt conflicted about the kiss. Did I feel anything for him? My brain was malfunctioning. I didn't answer Jason, and he seemed to think this was because I was mad at him. He looked down at his feet.

"I'm sorry, really. It's just—" he paused, and looked back up at me as shivers went down my spine. I knew what he was going to say. I waited. He couldn't seem to build the guts to say it.

"You like me?" I asked, and he flinched.

"Yeah," he closed his eyes, waiting for me to deny him. It had all gone so fast. I was looking back at every moment we had spent together, wondering if it was more than friendship. He kept his eyes closed, and I stood there stunned. Before I registered what was happening, I kissed him.

His eyes opened when our lips met, and I felt electricity course through my veins. We closed our eyes, and he softly kissed back. He reached out to grab me, but I pulled away. Jason didn't know what to think. I tugged him by the hand, bringing him into his cabin. He let me take him. I stopped and he seemed to be awaiting a reason for what I had just done.

"I think, I like you too," I muttered.

He crashed his lips on mine, one more time. This time we held on longer, and he grabbed my waist. I pulled away to breathe, but he kissed me again. I let him and put my arms around his neck.

I had kissed boys before, but this seemed like unknown territory, like a first kiss. My mind seemed to be on overdrive. His smell filled my senses. I didn't want this moment to end. Jason hesitated and didn't kiss too roughly. It was like he was scared that I was going to regret this. He pulled back, but I brought him right into again. This time, I kissed with more hunger, and he kissed back the same way.

We hit the Zeus statue in the cabin, and I panicked thinking we had knocked it down. I pulled away again, only to have Jason kiss my neck.

That was when Piper choose to walk in.

We jumped apart, and she cleared her throat.

"Everybody was looking for you guys, you disappeared," she shared. I looked at my feet, sheepishly. The air around us seemed heavy, but it might just have been Jason. Her face broke into a smile. She looked all giggly, and she closed the door. I heard her let out a squeal outside followed by, "THE OTP FINALLY HAPPENED"

a/n: Who's your favourite OTP in the Riordanverse?

Obviously, Percabeth is on the top of the shelf. Followed closely by Solangelo