Nico x Reader

"Y/n come on," Percy screamed out way ahead of me.

I sped up my pace. We were going deeper into the forest.

"Where are we going?" I asked, stopping in my tracks bored of all the walking.

"This cool haunted cabin we found in the woods"

My eyes lit up, ghosts were just so fascinating. I finally caught up with him.

"How come you never took me before?"

"Well Nico found it"

"The guy that doesn't leave his cabin?" I asked raising my eyebrow in curiosity.

"Yeah, I thought you might like to meet him since you know..." he paused trying to find a way not to offend me with his words, "you both have a weird passion for death, even though it's more justified with him"

"Is not," I argued

"Yeah, you're a G/p child."

"Since when does your parent define you!"

He shrugged and continued his way. The woods here were all dead. Not a soul seemed to be in sight until Leo appeared, bursting with energy.

"Hey Percy, we're totally winning the bet"

I turned to Percy, but he ignored me and fist-bumped Leo. Only then did Leo notice me behind Percy.

"N/n you have to stay the longest inside the cabin. We've bet 10 dollars on you" Leo exclaimed while Percy was shaking his head at Leo. "Oh, right I wasn't supposed to say that."

"Wait so let me make this clear. You DRAGGED me to this abandoned cabin because you're betting about if Nico or I will stay the–"

"I didn't drag you, you came of your own will," Percy exclaimed, "but yeah we're betting on who stays the longest"

"Oh, it's on. I'm staying the longest in that cabin," I pounded my fist in the air. Leo whooped

And with that, I sprinted forward, until Percy called out, "Wrong direction!"

And I turned around grumbling about how Percy should have stopped me sooner

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

The cabin was not a cabin, it was what I would call a vast house or mansion. The stone walls were covered in vines. The wooden door stood tall towering over us like a giant. I started stepping in when Percy put his arm in front of me

"Wait for Nico, it's part of the deal"

I rolled my eyes at him and walked around the mansion. I peered in the dusty and sordid windows. What was so scary about this place? But with the pitch black, I couldn't notice anything. Nico finally showed up, Annabeth and Piper trailing close behind.

"You're my opponent?" he sneered. "A flying bird would probably scare you."

"You seem like a ray of sunshine," I stated, my voice laced with sarcasm. "And to who I have the honour to meet, Sunshine"

"Nico. Nico Di Angelo. Son of Hades," he paused, waiting for a reaction. I already knew this, I was just being polite, something he didn't seem to understand how to be. "And this is the part where you run away"

"This is the part where you ask me 'Who are you', Sunshine," I retorted.

"I already know who you are. Y/n L/n, daughter of G/p," he said with a monotonous voice. Then he raised his voice. "My name's not Sunshine"