Nico x Reader AU

A/n: AU where Nico's a vampire and Y/n's a vampire hunter. Italics are your thoughts, bold italics are you recalling the rules of monster hunting

The door squeaked as I entered the old abandoned house. My MH was going crazy, signalling Monster activity nearby. I looked around, the place was all dusty and no light got through the thick closed-off windows, a perfect hiding spot for a monster.

"Hello there," a voice said.

I frantically tried to locate the voice. I turned my flashlight on and flashed it in the face of... a teenage boy?

Rule n.1: Never show the monster fear.

"Who are you?" I asked confidently, drawing my ballista.

The teenager put his hand up in surrender. His silver rings shone in the torchlight.

"I'm not here to hurt you."

Rule n.2: Always find out what kind of monster it is before attacking.

"I'm going to repeat. Who are you, better yet, What are you ?"

As I started pulling the trigger he appeared next to me. Traits often associated with a vampire or werewolf.

"Wouldn't pull the trigger if I were you Y/n," he whispered in my ear, using his long fingers to bring the ballista down. His dark brown eyes bore into me, i dropped the ballista.

Rule n.3: Never ever let a monster get within a foot radius of you.

Regaining my senses, I slapped him in the face. He grunted and held his hand up to his cheek. His skin was cold definitely a vamp.

Rule n.4: Always be prepared.

I took out a stake from my belt. "How do you know my name"?

He chuckled. " Y/n L/n, born y/b (a/n: your month, day and year of birth), monster hunter, likes f/h and f/f, plays hard to get. Some guy named Leo added you, he's right about the last statement."

" Oh you're dead, Valdez!" I exclaimed in frustration

"You know him?" he asked confused.

"Yeah he's my best friend"

"You're a monster hunter and your friends with a-"

"Werewolf, yeah I know." I shrugged my shoulders, "Still don't know how it worked out but it-"

Rule n.5: Never get distracted from the task at hand.

"Wait are you just trying to distract me? I've got a stake."

I brandished my weapon and got into combat position. He walked slowly towards me. With every step he made, I stepped back. My heart was beating fast, I didn't know if it was because I was terrified or had feelings for the hot teenage vamp-

What the hell are you thinking, Y/n

Rule n.6: Never forget the powers your enemy has

SHOOT, can't vampires read minds

"Her mind's blank?" the vampire muttered to himself conveniently. I overheard and grinned to myself. My luck was preserving and I had gained an advantage. He couldn't predict my next move

"What do you want to do with me?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Nothing much, just a bite"

"Good luck, I'm not letting you"

"Oh c'mon, don't you want to be with me"

I was confused, what did he mean? I closed my eyes, trying to make sense of it all, why had he come after me? Suddenly, I could feel the boy biting into my neck and sucking my blood. I didn't react and I scolded myself for enjoying it. I wondered if my parents would find my body or not. Everything faded to black with the two last rules repeating in my mind.

Rule n.7: Never ever ever let your guard down  

Rule n.8: Have good reflexes, in one second you can die.

3rd person Pov

Nico carried the young person to their new room. He had just secured his father Hades' legacy. The young teenager was to be his partner, wherever they liked it or not.

A/n: Who do you think is the best narrator in the Riordanverse?

Honestly have to stick with Percy. Because u know. It's Percy