Leo x Reader AU part 1

A/n: sorry school was killing me with an 8 to 5 schedule almost every day.

There are plenty of kingdoms and you're from one of the most powerful dynasties, the Poseidon dynasty. Your parents' sworn enemies are the Hephaestus dynasty but you meet up with one of the enemies' children, in secret (a/n let's just say that since they control opposite elements they're enemies.)

I skimmed for Leo in the ballroom; this is the first 'official' time we meet. The ballroom was an explosion of colours because every dynasty was wearing its 'colour'. Around 1000 people were attending the ball that the Hephaestus had organised. Our parents had only agreed to come because everybody would be there, therefore they could build alliances with families My 'job' was to find a boyfriend that would please them. I had a silky blue dress on, matched with a seashell crown. I had fashioned my hair into a h/s. 

My big brother Percy was dancing with Annabeth, a liaison that my parents didn't approve of, but to them, it was better than a Hephaestus. If they discovered my meetings with Leo they would lock me up in my room and shame me for months. Percy had once caught me going out and told me that he wouldn't tell them but, you never know with older brothers. He'll definitely use it to blackmail me in the future.

I sat down and stole a chocolate-covered apple from the buffet. Leo's family was taking forever. Knowing the parents, they were checking every single detail to make sure everything was perfect. Nothing interesting was happening so I drifted off in thought. Loud cheering snapped me out; the family was making their way down the center of the ballroom. All of Leo's siblings followed in like it had been practised over and over. It probably had. Leo was last in, his crown was on fire. The crowd wowed. This ball was for Leo's coming of age, so he was supposed to be the center of attention. Anyone that knew him could tell he was uncomfortable with this much attention. I discreetly waved at him, hoping he would notice me. His face lit up and he smiled the famous cheeky smile that makes him look like a kid. His parents forced him to talk to girls, hoping he would find his pair. I chuckled to myself, Leo looked like he wanted to die on the spot. When he was finally released, he made his way through the crowd towards me. I took his hand and kissed it so he followed with a clumsy curtsy. 

"Hello, nice to meet you, Prince Leo"

"Pleasure to meet you too, Princess Y/n"

A chuckle escaped my mouth and a goofy grin appeared on his face. 

"May I have a dance with you?" I asked.

"Sure kind lady," he beamed.

I pulled him in. I leaned my head onto his shoulder. The lights were dim to set the ambience of Dandelions. From time to time Leo would sing softly to the lyrics. He held onto my waist tightly, I looked up into his eyes. (a/n pretend you're shorter than him or just imagine that it was looking down instead) My gaze locked with his brown chocolate eyes, and his lips lifted into a charming smile. We harmonised the last notes. He let go of me when the song ended. We just stood there. His stare bore into me. It made me nervous so I looked away.  He mumbled something to himself. I narrowed my eyes at him but he stayed quiet.

"When do you want to meet up next?" I asked to break the uneasy silence.

"You know these meetings are kind of like dates," he joked. "Imagine we announced to our parents that we were dating. What would they think about it?"

I laughed

"I would probably just do it for their reaction," I said.

Wrong answer.

"Yeah, it would be hilarious."

His smile was wide but his eyes told a different story. Leo spoke up before I could ask him what was wrong.