Leo x Reader AU Part 2

It had been a month since Leo didn't come to our meeting place, half of a month that I had been dating Adrien. He was lovely but every time he laughed I couldn't help but think about Leo's enchanting laugh. Every day I would wake up excited about seeing Leo, and every day I remembered that he wouldn't show up but I hung onto the hope. It had taken me this long to realise that I needed Leo. It wasn't a tiny crush that I would get over. I loved my best friend. I had gotten myself into a big mess that I needed to fix. That day I decided I was going to sort out all my problems. Breaking up with Adrien was easy, he understood my decision and agreed with me that we should just be friends. Infiltrating the enemy kingdom was going to be complicated. I didn't own any red or orange clothes. I couldn't show up in blue, that would be like a black sheep in a crowd of white ones. I looked under my bed for Leo's hoodies that I had never given back. I slipped one on, it still smelled of Leo, the familiar smell of oil and burnt wood. That's just weird Y/n. I snuck out, adrenaline coursing through my veins. I had never visited Leo's room before because the automatons are the top security in the whole world. Luckily, I wasn't caught. 

Leo's room was the same size as mine, rather large but it was a complete mess with tools all over the place, exactly like Leo's personality. I stuck my ear to the window, somebody was humming idfc by blackbear in the shower. I waited outside anxious. Leo could get me in trouble just by calling somebody for help and telling them that I was trying to kill him, they would believe him. Don't question it I have a very imaginative mind.

His room had a few desks for different activities. Pranks, weapons, gadgets. On one side there was a desk with the label scratched out. A heart pendant lay on it. Weird, I didn't know that Leo had a crush. Photos that we had taken with Leo were in the fireplace, my face scratched off of most of them.

Leo's very mad at me.

I felt tears in my eyes, this was my fault. Leo had so easily taken me out of his life that maybe he didn't need me. Maybe I should turn around and just leave. I need to try at least to make things right. I dried my tears, maybe this was just me overthinking everything all over again.

The door to the bathroom opened. Leo stepped out of the bathroom, his chocolate hair was wet and he was. Shirtless. My heart skipped a beat and I turned around, my cheeks tinted red. I prayed that Leo would not notice me on the balcony. I stepped away from the window. This wasn't the right time. I could just catch him in the garden or send him a note. I almost made it over the balcony when an alarm rang. Shoot. I must have stepped on something. My body faced the window in panic. Leo had thankfully put a shirt back on. I jumped into the closest tree and held my breath. He made his way out onto the balcony holding onto a huge hammer. He looked around and for a second I thought he had spotted me, but he took a step back. I let out a sigh of relief. His chocolate curls turned to face me. His stare lingered, and he blinked his eyes in surprise. It took him a few seconds to believe the fact that I was there.

"What are you doing here?" he whisper-shouted.

I climbed back onto the balcony, embarrassed by the fact that my hair now probably looked like a bird's nest.

"We need to talk Le," I confided. "I'm sorry, I realised my mistake."

He didn't say anything, just signalled me to come in. The temperature instantly warmed when I stepped in. The room in itself was a radiator, thanks to the everlasting fire and Leo having a naturally very hot body temperature. I probably looked like a red tomato from how hot I was. I stood in silence, not knowing what to start with. He left his hammer on the floor. He came closer to me and reached out to pull a twig from my hair.

"Uhm, you had this in your hair," he explained.

No really? I wanted to throw back but I stayed silent.