Jason X Reader

Jason had told me that he was busy so I had spent most of my day watching f/s. I was finally watching the kiss when somebody decided to interrupt me by knocking on the door.

"The door's open," I screamed out and stretched myself.

Nico came through.

"Just to tell you Jason has planned something. Be ready in thirty minutes."

"What?!?" 

Nico didn't answer the question and just walked away.

I groaned. I grabbed my favourite dress and paired it with combat boots. I put on a slight touch of makeup and styled my hair. I didn't have a clue what was awaiting me. Maybe Nico was just playing a prank on me. Nico greeted me outside. 

Great we're shadow travelling

 Nico asked me to close my eyes and we were whisked away. 

"Keep your eyes closed," I heard Jason say. He slipped something in my hair.

"Can I open my eyes now" 

"Wait two seconds"

I listened to Jason fumbling around.

"You can open your eyes now"

A romantic dinner was set up with rose bouquets. Greenery surrounded us. We were up on a cliff. The view was breathtaking. I thought about all the ways I could fall off the cliff, and I shuddered. I was scared of heights and I hadn't told Jason because I had never brought up the topic. I mean how do you tell your boyfriend that can fly that you're afraid of heights? 

"It's beautiful," 

"Me or the view," Jason teased.

"Uh-uh, the view," I mumbled, my cheeks turning red. Leo had rubbed off on Jason. 

He gestured for me to sit. Storm spirits arrived with f/f plates laid out. 

"How long did it take to make this" 

"I ordered," he looked down. I inwardly cringed. 

Stupid, Y/n 

"I meant to lay out the plates" I quickly caught my slip 

"About an hour," he scratched the back of his neck. 

"Thank you"

We ate everything, he then led me to the view. I focused on what was straight in front 

"I need to get something "

" Sure"

He went back towards the table and I looked back at the view. It was amazing but I just couldn't stop myself from looking down. A fall that high would definitely kill me. I took a step back.

" Y/n, watch out!"

A huge birdlike figure pushed me over the edge. I was falling Gwen Stacey style waiting for my Spider-Man to save me. In this case, superman.

I saw the monster evaporate in gold dust.

I could hardly hear myself screaming over the loud whistling of the wind near my ears. Jason jumped off the edge after me. I closed my eyes hoping it would scare me less but it only made everything scarier. I reopened my eyes, praying Jason was going to catch me. When his arm finally wrapped around me, I pulled him tight.

"You're okay, you're okay" he reassured me.

He willed the air to bring us higher and I held him tighter.

"Can't we just go back down "

"Sure," he sounded disappointed. He must have had something planned for us.

" Actually, we can go back up if you want. I'm just " should I tell him? Would he break up with me when he discovered? Would he laugh at me?

"You're just what ?"

"Scared of heights, " I whispered.

"N/n, you should have told me earlier" 

I buried my head in his chest.

"Hey, it's fine. It doesn't change my opinion of you. It's actually kind of cute." 

I let out a sigh of relief. Before I knew it, I was falling again. 

"Help," I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I started flapping my arms like a bird, hoping I would miraculously start flying. It didn't work, I was still falling. I looked up, my eyes searching for Jason. A hand grabbed me and I threw my arms around Jason's neck. 

"You okay?" he asked softly.

"I'm fine-fine" I took in a shaky breath. He kissed my forehead and my grip tightened. 

"How about one freefall equals a kiss and a hug," the words flew out of my mouth before I realised. 

His eyes widened. 

"What for?"

"So I can get over my fear of heights"

"Are you crazy?" 

"Yeah, probably," I admitted.

"You sure?"

I gulped and nodded my head. He looked at me, analysing any sign that I wasn't okay with this. 

I was not okay with this. 

"Let me go before I regret this" 

Suddenly I was falling again. I was calmer this time. Jason was going to catch me, right?

Stop doubting him, I mentally scolded myself.

His hands wrapped around me once more. I stared into his electric blue eyes. 

"Thanks," I whispered. 

I kissed him on the corner of the mouth.

"You missed," he pouted.

"You've been spending way too much time with Leo" 

"Stop being mean" 

He let go of me and I let out a yelp. 

"Jason!" 

I look down and I had already hit the ground. He laughed and I playfully glared at him.

"You HAVE been spending too much time with Leo." 

A/n: What's ur favourite friendship dynamic in Riordanverse?

Me either Magnus and Samirah or Grover and Percy