Chapter 22; Improving Yourself.

Please don't forget and vote and comment. Constructive criticism is cherished.

Drink water, stay hydrated, and relaxxxxxx.

Enjoy!

Anyways, onto the story.

_______

After months and months of various unimportant missions, it finally happened.

Another C - rank, that is.

After successfully completing a B-rank with some outside help, team 7 became popular talk became Konoha 9.

This information was of course spread by Choji to Ino, which then somehow was known to Kiba, and that is all it took before everyone was aware.

"Arigato Hokage-sama!" Sakura thanked the older man.

After some convincing from Naruto, and then some more from Kakashi, the Hokage agreed to give team 7 another C - rank.

They were among the first teams to have a successful high B - rank on the official Konoha record, even though it was a mistake.

"It is fine. If Kakashi is convinced that you are capable enough, then I am no one to argue. Here are the details," the Hokage handed the scroll to Kakashi.

"We have to go prepare now, Hokage-sama. Please excuse us," Kakashi bowed.

__

In the training ground assigned to team 7.

Kakashi had gathered his Kawai genins to give them the details.

"I know we are more than capable of a C - rank mission. Still, I must ask all of you not to underestimate the mission anyhow and always keep your guard up. Always keep observing the surroundings."

"We will meet our client outside Hokage's office 5 minutes later, please be there. Dismissed!" Kakashi sounded. 

He disappeared in a swirl of leaves after.

"Well, nice then," Naruto commented as he turned and followed the example.

Sasuke nodded to Sakura and he too went away.

She wanted to be helpful. All these years, she had been the top kunoichi of the year in her academy. 

Even then, she is no help.

She had to get stronger. Not just for herself, but for the sake of her team. 

All of her teammates had bigger goals. And then here she was, only joining because Sasuke-kun was joining.

Even Naruto was better than her; so much better.

Why did she even like Sasuke-kun? What was so special about him?

He looked so pretty, it was ridiculous. But other than that, what did he have?

He ignored her, constantly showing there was no way they could be together since he was not interested.

Was she really that low, sucking for looks?

No, no way. 

She realized how bad she was right now, and wondered how other people put up with her.

"Mom, I am home!" She called to her mom, closing the door behind her and removing her shoes.

"For how long?" Her mother asked.

"5 minutes! Please give me something to eat quickly!" She called back.

"Oh, okay!" Her mother called, seemingly surprised. 

Whenever her mother had asked Sakura for food, Sakura had always replied; 'I am on a diet,' maybe that is why.

"Here, take this roll," her mother handed her the roll as Sakura collected her tools.

"Thanks, Mom!" She smiled so brightly that Mebuki was taken aback.

"Sakura... are you off your diet?" her mother asked sounding unsure.

"Yeah, I am a growing girl, I need a lot of nutrition, ya know!" 

Sakura smiled at the verbal tick that slipped from her mouth.

"Oh, I am glad," her mother smiled back.

"Bye Mom, Dad!" She collected the tools and started heading to the rendezvous point.

Naruto was influencing her, a lot. And maybe... it was not such a bad thing.

_______

Please don't forget to Vote and Comment.

I am sorry for not uploading and disappearing for so long.