Chapter 28; Duty to them.

Hello again people, it is me, Author!

Yes, that was a Jojo reference, anyway.

Be sure to drink water and have a nice day!

Now, onto the story-

_________

How, why, when; so many questions swirled in the mind of one Kakashi Hatake.

Although he knew the answers to all of them, it made sense but at the same time, it didn't.

How could he leave Naruto, the only thing that Minato san and Kushina san loved more than all their being, the one they sacrificed their lives for?

How could he? It still didn't sink in, the reality, the hardships that no child should face, that Naruto had to.

Instead of praise, he got bad-mouthed. Instead of love, he got hate. Instead of training, he was shunned. All that was his parents' fault. His parents' fault for thinking that they could trust the villagers they sacrificed their lives for. 

His parents' fault for thinking that they could trust him to take care of Naruto. His parents' fault for trusting the council, for dying happy.

Couldn't they live, it would've made things so much easier.

Instead of the jealousy, Naruto should get for being a noble hero's son, he was getting hate for being the jinchuriki. Instead of having money to swim in, he was broke.

It was no use thinking of all this now, was there? Nothing could be done now instead of trying to heal the wound in his mind.

All he could see now was Naruto who grew up against the hate and didn't drown in it. All he saw was the son of his mentors that WILL bring change. All he saw was a proud shinobi who would never surrender his ninja way.

And all he could do to show his appreciation was to support his dream of becoming Hokage. At this rate, he may become one too. One of the best there was of the biggest most prosperous village.

Kakashi knew what he had to do now, and he was going to.

At this point, he could imagine the headline of the newspaper, 'The son of the yellow-flash: our beloved fourth Hokage and red-headed habanero; the jinchuriki of the strongest beast, the nine-tailed fox to become the Hokage, today.'

Oh BOY was it going to be long.

"Sensei why are you looking at the road and laughing? What's wrong?" Sakura asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, it's nothing. I was just imagining what would happen to the village if Naruto became the Hokage."

There was a slight stir as Naruto stopped and he stopped noticing him.

"You really believe I will?" Naruto looked up at him and Kakashi thought he saw tears.

"Yeah, Naruto. You're better than most of the genins to ever exist you know?" Sakura said.

Kakashi was taken aback when Naruto suddenly started laughing while having tears in his eyes, what?

"That's 3." He said as he beamed brighter than Kakashi's ever known.

"4," Sasuke said.

"Who is 1?" Kakashi was very surprised when Sasuke asked that.

"Iruka sensei." Naruto sniffed a little, beaming still.

"Naruto, I have been meaning to ask," Kakashi began, "can you fix us a meeting with Teru, the one who helped in our mission some time ago?"

"Why, sensei?" Sakura asked.

"Recently, an old friend of mine told me that Gato was very powerful and influential, so either Teru is really powerful, or has a large force that could aid us," Kakashi explained.

"I think I can," Naruto said.

"How though," Sakura enquired.

"It's a secret" Naruto winked and Sakura rolled his eyes.

"Let's rest here for today, you all must be tired."

"Naruto practically did all the work, I didn't even get to practice the new kunai technique I learned the other day," Sakura said.

Kakashi shrugged. Now he couldn't do anything about that, could he?
___________

Hiii! Thanks for reading this! Hope you have a fantabulous day!

Drink water and stay healthy!

Until next time!