Chapter 13; Inari's problems with Life.

Who will be the first one to guess which anime this pic is from?

Vote and Comment! Constructive criticism is appreciated!

---------

Naruto approached the small boy sitting out gazing at the ocean. 

The ocean reminded Inari so much of his father. All he wanted was to live a happy life with his family.

Naruto's gaze softened as it anchored on the crying boy.

"Inari?" He called out softly so as not to frighten the boy.

The little boy quickly brushed his tears as he turned; an angry look growing on his features.

"What do you want?" he asked harshly.

"You know that we are here to help you, right?" Naruto asked, tone still soothing.

"So what if you are? It's not like you're going to succeed or anything!" He answered.

'I think I know the problem here,' Naruto thought as he made his way to sit next to Inari. 

The petite boy instantly distanced himself from the blonde.

"Ouch." The blonde smiled.

"You don't even know what true pain is. You must have lived a life sheltered by your parents, friends, and family." Inari cried.

"Your father, he died for your village, didn't he?" Naruto asked, looking directly into Inari's dark-colored OrBs solemnly.

The petite boy's expression changed to an astonished one, "How did you know?!"

Naruto smiled softly, "Maybe we have a lot more in common than you think..."

"So, you don't have a dad too?" Inari asked.

"I was an orphan since birth! But I will not give up because my mom had a dream and I have made it my goal to make it into reality!" Naruto exclaimed, a smile on his lips.

"I am sorry," Inari said as he faced the ground guiltily.

"It's no problem. Don't be glum Inari, your father wouldn't want you to be unhappy like this," Naruto answered.

"I guess you are right, I probably shouldn't" The child smiled someberly as he stood up from his sitting place.

Naruto stood up as well and made his way to the house, "Good night to you as well."

Don't forget to vote!