Chapter 10; Reminiscence

Vote and Comment! Constructive criticism is appreciated!

--->

"You will never defeat me" Zabuza grinned at the genin team.

"And what if we do?" Naruto asked abruptly, surprising everyone.

"Then, you can decide my fate. But, If I win, you ALL die," he said. Naruto nodded as an acknowledgment.

As he would know, extreme emotions allowed Kurama's chakra to seep out of his seal. He just needed some happy memories now.

So he just needed a positive memory to have the chakra out of the seal. He racked his brain for a suitable memory.

He remembered a memory, fuzzy and distorted, but it was there.

Flashback~

"You demon! How dare you be alive, didn't I tell you to die?!" A villager asked as he grabbed a bamboo stick from somewhere in the dark alley.

Naruto mewled. He didn't know how to defend himself and was cornered. He didn't know what to do so he started crying. "P-please, let me *sniff* go, I didn't kill a-anyone." He whimpered.

"HUH! You are crying now?! Begging for mercy?! Did YOU have mercy when you killed our shinobi?! When you KILLED OUR HOKAGE?!" the drunk villager asked.

"I-I didn't-" He said as started sobbing uncontrollably. As the villager was about to hit him, someone blocked his hand and hence the stick. 

The chakra felt really fuzzy and warm like it was comforting him, with a hint of angriness.

The person knocked out the man. There was also another person accompanying him.

"Th-Thank you, kind sir," he sniffed and sniveled. 

The person looked at him with kind eyes and put a comforting hand on his head.

"Look, he is just a kid! Who gives him the right to be angry at him?!" The other person exclaimed.

'Both the people had raven-colored hair and were really handsome and kind.' Naruto remembered.

"W-why did you save a mo-monster like me, m-mister?" he questioned, Stifling a sob.

"No one is a monster, Naruto-Kun. You are an exceptionally kind and humble boy. Don't call yourself that." The other person said as he came and ruffled his hair.

"How do you know my name, w-will you tell m-me yours?" He questioned meekly.

"Naruto-Kun, that is not something you should worry about. You can call me Itachi and my friend here Shisui," he smiled kindly and comfortingly.

"Naruto-Kun, take care of yourself," Itachi had said after he had dropped Naruto home after picking up some groceries for the malnourished boy.

"T-thank you, I-Itachi-sama, Shisui-sama." He had said, sad that he was going to be alone again.

"It's just Shisui," The other person grinned casually at him before both of them disappeared.

Flashback end~

He smiled as he felt Kurama's chakra.

Kakashi and Zabuza were just about to face off when Naruto rushed with a fist heading for Zabuza. 

To any other person, he was rushing blindly into battle, but Kakashi knew better; to look underneath the underneath. 

He saw Naruto's way of running, he was on guard, which meant he could handle it if things turned bad.

As Naruto was heading toward Zabuza, he let out a battle cry which was enough to get Zabuza's attention.

Zabuza smirked as he saw the 'obnoxious' blonde coming his way, he swung his sword timely to when it would collide with his head and swing it off clean. 

But it never happened. The blonde ducked so fast that even he could've missed it had he not paid attention.

He moved back just enough to avoid the punch, but the catch was, Naruto's plan was never to punch.

He smirked as saw Zabuza fall right into his trap. Instead of punching him, at the last moment, he coated his hand with 3 meters of chakra and punctured the man's vagal nerve.

Zabuza's whole body went numb as he fell down and grit his teeth. He was just taken down by a kid who wasn't even a ninja.

"You." Naruto pointed to a tree in the clearing as he kept an eye on Zabuza, "Come out."

_______________________________________