30: #rejected

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option."

- Peter Parker, Spider-man (Official Trailer 1), 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"shit, i'm gonna be late! i hope hoshi isn't here yet."

vernon quickly put his sneakers on (hana dul ready get set go) before slinging his backpack over his shoulder, about to leave the apartment before letting out a small curse as he realized he forgot something in his room. he rushed back to his room, grabbing a bundle of four roses off of his desk before speedwalking back over to his apartment door.

it was the morning before school the next day, and vernon told himself that he was going to ask joshua out on a date to fairfest. 🤩 we stan vernon, confident king.

after he left mingyu's house last night, vernon made a stop at a convenience store to buy some flowers for joshua. it was a funny sight, honestly, vernon was still in his suit so everyone in the convenience store just saw spider-man green randomly buy flowers. now that would be a funny story to tell to your friends.

unfortunately, quite a lot of flowers got kind of messed up as he swung home, and vernon was only able to salvage four of them, but even those four weren't as perfect as they were when he first bought them.

well, it's the thought that counts, i guess.

vernon was, of course, still wary about the whole two weird figures that appeared in the streets last night. he couldn't believe that there were other people with seeming supernatural powers. of course, he still didn't know whether or not these two were any good for him or the city.

however, that wasn't what he was thinking of right now. this morning, there was nothing else on his mind other than the fact that he was literally about to ask his crush out. 

vernon rushed down the stairs, immediately speedwalking up towards hoshi, who was leaning against a lamppost as usual. he gave him a wave. "morning, hosh."

"morning, vern," hoshi smiled, "i- woah," his eyes seemed to sparkle as he saw the flowers in vernon's hands, "are you gonna do what i think you're gonna do? are you gonna ask joshua out?"

vernon felt his face heat up as the pair began their walk to hell, *ahem* i mean school. "y-yeah. i'm gonna try."

hoshi began jumping up and down, his hands raised up in the air as if he was on the dance floor or something. he was jumping so much his tiger print backpack almost fell off of his shoulders. "yippee! my bestie is finally gonna get himself a love life!"

vernon stared at his best friend and visibly cringed. "just for that, i am not going to anymore, goodbye-"

hoshi practically screeched, killing vernon and everyone's eardrums at like 6 a.m. "um, no, i am not allowing you to not," he went up to vernon, jabbing his finger into his chest at every word, "you are asking that boy out today."