28: glowstick... teeth?

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option."

- Peter Parker, Spider-man (Official Trailer 1), 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

the next time seokmin saw joshua, he was surprised at how different he was.

well, he didn't look any different. joshua looked the same as he was when he last saw him, but the way he held himself was new and very noticeable. he seemed a lot more confident and collected, and the little slouch in his shoulders was gone. his voice wasn't necessarily louder, but it was a lot more clear and strong.

seokmin watched as joshua was talking to the professor. joshua was here for his first post-experiment checkup.

although, seokmin knew that that was not going to be the only thing that was going to be happening today.

the professor made it quite clear that he was planning on taking control of joshua's mind again today because they were planning to also see if joshua would be the right tool to help wencorp be able to finally fix their little mutant animal problem. of course, seokmin questioned if that was actually okay, but the professor responded that again, joshua consented and signed forms that they were allowed to do this.

seokmin didn't even try to dispute that because he knew not to go against the professor, but my god, joshua probably didn't think that this was going to be part of it so of course he would've consented to it. they promised a blind boy vision (and gave him it), so of course joshua was probably not going to question it.

it wasn't too long after some normal check-up things that professor wen began to do some pretty not normal check-up things.

seokmin was busy writing some things in his notebook when out of the corner of his eye he saw minghao typing a few things on a laptop in front of him. the professor, after giving the instruction to joshua to lay down on the metal table, turned to minghao and gave him a small nod.

minghao seemed to know what that meant, pressing a few keys on his keyboard.

although it was a bit hard to see from the angle he was standing at, seokmin noticed that there was a visual change in joshua's gaze. before, he was very obviously looking at the ceiling, his pink eyes seeming to study the bright white lights at the top of the room. but after whatever minghao did, his gaze shifted to something more hollow.

seokmin knew that once again they were controlling him.

seokmin let out a sigh as he walked over towards the professor, waiting for him to share whatever the hell he was planning to do next.