p: perfection

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

a few months ago

*beep*

seokmin held up his card up to the scanner, the stained glass doors sliding open to reveal the private laboratory inside. he walked in, brushing his brown hair out of his eyes while shoving his card back in his pocket.

"seokmin. you're late."

seokmin glanced over to see the two other men who usually worked in this space huddled around a microscope. he walked over, stopping about a meter away from the pair. "i'm sorry, professor wen. traffic was very heavy this morning."

the mentioned professor wen looked up and turned, facing seokmin with his usual calculating expression. "traffic is no excuse. when i chose you for this special internship, i expected you to be prompt, and that means you walk through that door no later than a second after eight a.m."

seokmin gulped. "yes, professor."

"good, if this happens again, i may have to reevaluate my decision," the professor turned back to what he was doing, "now go put on your lab coat and grab your notebook. today, we're going to be testing on monkeys again."

seokmin let out a firm nod before turning on his heel and walking to the wall on the other side of the room where his lab coats were hung. slinging off his backpack, he grabbed the coat off the hanger and slipped on the white fabric.

seokmin somehow luckily got chosen to be the intern for the one and only professor wen junhui, a well-known genius scientist that got his phd at the young age of twenty-four. once a professor at a university, he decided to branch off and create his own science lab for his experiments, which eventually grew into the well-known science corporation, wencorp. despite now becoming the ceo of a science business now so large, he still keeps his professor title as he believes that he should teach others about the revolutionary advancements and the beauty of science.

seokmin did not know what set him apart from the others when he sent in his internship application, but it did not really matter to him. he was chosen for it and he knew he was going to make the most of this opportunity. he was going to try and learn as much as he can, and maybe this can one day lead to his dream of a promising career in science just like professor wen.

but this internship wasn't really what he expected.

meeting professor wen was interesting, as seokmin quickly found out that he was a very strict and stony man, rarely showing any positive emotions other than when an experiment excites him. his experiments weren't what seokmin expected either, as the current experiment that he was helping the professor with had very questionable ethics in terms of all the testing on animals they were doing.

but all of that doubt was quickly thrown into the trash because the appeal of working with such a famous scientist outshined the dark facts. this would look so good on seokmin's resume.

seokmin unzipped his backpack and grabbed his slightly tattered research notebook out of it, also grabbing a pen. he shoved the pen in his pants pocket, before striding back to the others in the room.

"you ready?," professor wen picked up his mug of coffee and took a long sip as he eyed the brown-haired intern.

seokmin tightened his grip on his notebook. "yes, professor."

"good," the professor turned to the third person in the room, "minghao, can you bring the vials containing the formula? we're going to be heading down to testing room 2B."

the other person, minghao, nodded, walking over to the counter and picking up four vials containing a strange greenish-yellow substance in them with a single hand. the professor walked towards the door and opened it, gesturing for the others to follow him before exiting the room.