20: dino

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option."

- Peter Parker, Spider-man (Official Trailer 1), 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

seokmin couldn't take this anymore.

after seeing professor wen and minghao talk more about their ability to control joshua, he felt like he was going to be sick, so he rushed out to the bathroom. he hunched over the toilet, staring at the toilet water, just waiting for himself to throw up, or for the feeling to go away.

but it just lingered.

seokmin didn't know what to do. everything just felt so wrong. all they've been doing with joshua has just been so unethical and all he wanted to do was leave.

but leaving wouldn't stop the experiments. if he left, there was no doubt that professor wen would continue testing on humans.

seokmin sighed. maybe he could just tell professor wen what he thought about all of this.

seokmin scrapped that idea almost immediately. the professor was way too scary. there was no way that he could do that.

and doing that might lose his internship. despite the things that he does at wencorp, this internship would help him so much for his future. it will practically set him up for success. getting kicked out of it would look horrible for his character and on his resume.

but he can't just let this go on. he was pretty much the only person that knew about the experiments that also knows how wrong they are.

after a few more minutes of internal debate, seokmin decided.

he was going to risk his internship and do what's right.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"professor, can i talk to you for a second?"

seokmin's heart was pounding, his head was dizzy, and he still felt sick to his stomach. add those all together and then you have the perfect recipe for passing out.

professor wen turned to look at seokmin from where he was doing some paperwork on a lab table, his eyes seeming to pierce through his soul. the look that the professor gave him sent chills through his body. "yes, seokmin?"

maybe this was a bad idea.

seokmin forced himself to speak before he had second thoughts about this and turned back, causing his words to come out fast and slightly jumbled. "i-i just had some concerns over the experiments that we're conducting... th-that's all."