6: please don't stick to the ceiling

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

"Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

-Uncle Ben, Spider-man, 2002.

🕸️🕷️✧・゚: *🕷️✧・゚:*🕸️*:・゚✧🕷️*:・゚✧🕷️🕸️

naps are supposed to be nice, right?

they're the perfect way to spend your afternoon, and everything about them is literally decadent.

the amazing feeling of just nodding off to sleep after falling onto your bed after a long day at school or work... and the feeling of waking up, brain cloudy and relaxed... it was absolute perfection.

well... vernon's nap absolutely sucked.

once vernon's eyes closed, he could feel himself fall asleep, but he was... still aware of himself(?)

it felt like he was having an out-of-body experience.

is this how it feels to take drugs? (don't do drugs, kids, i'm literally watching you... don't look behind you)

the thing is, it wasn't a pleasant out-of-body experience.

after what felt like both a few seconds and literally years at the same time, his body began to feel strange. vernon didn't really know how, but in all the confusion and cloudiness... he could feel himself sweat literal pools. he felt cold and hot at the same time as if he was having a fever.

what the hell was happening to him?

then vernon began to dream.

his body still felt weird, his palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms were heavy, but in his lucid consciousness, he found himself simply standing there on top of a tall building at the peak of night.

vernon blinked, shuddering as he tried to shake the uncomfortable feelings, but they wouldn't go away.

vernon sighed, trying to suppress the feelings as he looked off the edge of the building.

it was quite tall and the ground looked like it was miles away.

vernon don't you fucking dare jump off that building. i don't care that this is literally a dream, i don't want you to create bad habits.

why do i sound like a parent?

vernon began to back away from the edge because he was actually smart and wasn't going to do something stupid when suddenly-

"hello."

he jumped, his heart continuing to pound. vernon whirled his head around to look behind him.

but nobody was there.

what.

"vernon."

vernon's eyebrows raised as high as they could go as he looked around. he was all alone. "hello?," he called out, confusion lacing his voice.