Season 4 Chapter 83 The Colosseum

Start from the beginning

Slyphid:...

Slyphid who was carrying Bell on her back stole a glance at him. She narrowed her eyes, as if she had made up her mind to take on whatever lay ahead.

Slyphid: Well no matter what happens. Our only option is to pass through the Colosseum.

They had moved temporarily away from the room's entryway, but Slyphid's voice was firm. She gently lay Bell next to Sora and Ryuu and the 4 crouch together.

Bell: Sora, Ms. Ryuu, that's—

Sora: The fact is, turning around isn't an option.

Ryuu: We simply don't have the strength or the equipment.

They were midway up the stairs leading to the Colosseum. Sora and Ryuu was hurriedly pulling items from Ryuu's backpack and fidgeting restlessly with them without looking at Bell.

What they said was true. They didn't have the energy left to search for another route. At the very least, if they weren't able to make it to the main route from here, escaping the thirty-seventh floor was extremely unlikely. To survive, they must pass through the Colosseum towering ahead of them.

Slyphid: In other words. This is the crucial moment...the time to take on the one adventure we cannot avoid.

Slyphid comfort Bell with her teal colored eyes. Bell gulped...then nodded. Sweat was dripping down his body and his heart was pounding, but he trusted the Spirit Girl next to him. Slyphid nodded in response to his naked trust.

Bell: But how can we get past the Colosseum? If we have to take on monsters that spawn infinitely no matter how many we kill...

Sora: Naturally we avoid all battles.

Ryuu: We make our way across the room in secret, without their noticing.

Sora and Ryuu paused in their preparatory work. Ryuu held a piece of black cloth outstretched between her hands.

 Ryuu held a piece of black cloth outstretched between her hands

Bell: Is that...?

Ryuu: Yes. It's made from skull-sheep robes.

Bell listened in surprise to Ryuu's explanation. During the course of their battles thus far, Sora and Ryuu had been carefully selecting drop items and secreting them away in Ryuu's backpack. The skull-sheep robes were among them. She had sewn two of the robes together using a third robe torn into strips for thread and a bone needle. It was just big enough to cover two people.

Sora: Both you and Ryuu will cover in these robe. While Slyphid will return back to Spirit form and covered you two. Me on the other hand, I will use my wolf armor. That should help us blend in with the monsters.

Bell:...You mean me and Ms. Ryuu going to use this as camouflage?

The skull sheep launched their attacks by blending into the dusky darkness that penetrated every corner of the floor. The clandestine movements of the death hermits had given them plenty of trouble on their journey, but now they were going to steal from their playbook. Bell knew from painful experience how well those robes worked. He thought they just might let them deceive the monsters in the Colosseum.