Chapter 1: Lost And Found

(Killian's POV)

I stared at the dagger on the ground, and a chill crept through me as I read the words imprinted on that bloody knife. Emma Swan. My Swan. I would give anything to have her here right now. I took a step cautiously to where she was once standing, and closed my eyes as I picked the dagger up.

"I won't summon her." I stated. Snow and David exchanged confused glances. "I can't put her through that; I've seen what that bloody dagger can do to people. I love her too much to hurt her like that." I explained.  David nodded as Robin helped Regina up from a few feet away.

Snow piped in, her face red from crying "I agree she will come to us when she's ready.".  I nodded grimacing at the ground.

I miss my Emma. I thought to myself, as I shoved the dagger in my jacket.  I started walking to the docks- it seemed like the only place where I think. However, thinking was becoming painful in itself, I felt lost without Emma, I needed her beautiful smile, her mesmerizing emerald eyes, and her lips against mine. I needed her.

***

(Emma's POV)

I felt a strange hunger inside me, and my chest felt heavy, and tight. Anger. It was as if that was all I could feel now. I knew it was the dagger, and all the darkness that Rumple instilled in me. I knew my parents would never understand, even with the mistake they made with Lily they would never know this all-consuming feeling.

There's only one person I cold think of, Killian. My heart leapt at the thought of him, as if he was the only light in my life, and I knew he was with all Rumple's darkness inside of me that was almost all I had left. As the Savior I had a lot of light magic within me that was slowing the process of my heart blackening, but without Merlin I didn't know if I would survive. I couldn't bear to imagine the effect this will have on Killian, and I know I'm being selfish for running away from him. But, what else could I do? Running is my instinct- especially when it came to those I love.

And I've found my love. I realized. I love Killian, and I'm glad I told him before it was too late, my home is with him. I know now that my family- no matter how complicated the family tree- is mine, and I couldn't ask for anything better. Emma the lost girl was gone.  But, in her place Emma swan the Dark One took root in my mind. I needed comfort, desperately. But, if I was brave enough to seek it out I would soon find out.

I searched within myself, and used magic to summon a crystal ball, but my magic wasn't its usual white, it was swirled with black, demonstrating the power of the darkness I just consumed. I need to see him. I sent my magic into the crystal ball, I focused on my love for him. Sure enough, I did see him on the docks with a flask in his lap, and tears in his eyes. I watched on.

***

(Killian's POV)

I stared at the flask in my hand. I wanted to give into temptation, but I knew I was on my way to heroism, and I did not need to fall back into my old ways. Without Emma I was swimming in a sea of doubt, with only her as my life preserver- which so conveniently was in a distant ocean. I put the flask away.

"I see you really have changed." Snow said with a light laugh.

"Aye." Was all I could manage.

"You know Emma loves you, right?"

"Aye." I replied. "And, I love her with my whole heart, and I just hope she will show up soon because I don't know how much more I can take."

"I understand completely." She said with small tears coming out from the corner of her eyes. "But, we both know she will come when she is ready, it's a family thing- we always find those we love. Have hope, and she'll come." Snow said, and with that she left me to the sea. But, I wasn't alone for long.

"Killian?" A voice that I felt I hadn't heard in millennia called.

***

Hey, thank you for reading this! This is my first book, and due to hiatus it is a CaptainSwan fan-fiction. Obviously this takes place after season 4b. Anyways, I hope you enjoy! The song is "You are the Moon" by The Hush Sound, it reminded me of the finale.

Who do you think joined Killian on the docks?