Chapter 3

Joan's POV:

I stood with Julie, desperately trying to get my words out. I was talking to the Beatles. The Beatles. It was so hard to take in. Jude had gone to answer her phone, leaving us to try and explain what had happened.
"Well, um, you, sorta... You're not in 1960s Liverpool anymore." I explained, fidgeting with my hands a little, and trying not to make eye contact, for fear of squealing or fainting.
"Well we know that but what are we doing here? And where is here?" John replied sarcastically. I didn't really know what to reply to that.
"We... We don't know. Hermione might know how to get you back, but its a long shot." I suggested, more talking to Julia, who shrugged.
"Maybe, but she'll have to do it quickly. I have a summer job to sort out. I might be getting a car soon, if I get enough money." She reminded me. She'd been talking about it for weeks, even though it wasn't even very good, but it would be useful to have a friend who could drive me around a bit, as I couldn't afford one, though I got a licence last month.
"Baby, can I drive your car?" I sang as a joke, remembering the song that we were listening to earlier, but completely forgetting to check whether they'd recorded it yet, or if it was a clue to their future.
"Look, as much as we like the puns, we need to get out of here. Brian booked us a recording session, he'll murder us if we don't make it." I was relieved that I hadn't given it away, but Paul had a point. We needed to get them back.
"Guys... Hermione. The chemicals she breathed in... They don't think going to make it." Jude stood in the doorway, tears forming in her eyes.
"But if Hermione's gone, what do we do with them?" Julia asked, pointing at Ringo, who frowned.
"Hey, its rude to point. And we have names you know." Ringo scoffed. It was the first time I'd heard him speak, and his voice was a lot different to John's and Paul's. George was avoiding talking to anyone. He sat away from the others, and was fiddling with a little screw that was laying on the floor.
"Oh, I'm so sorry Jude!" I walked over and gave her a hug, and she joined us all in trying to find a way back.
"I'm sure she had like a spell book or something, she showed it to us, remember? Last Halloween, when she summoned that cat." Julia suggested.
"We all know that was just Jasper." I laughed, remembering how she'd supposedly called on the animal spirits to summon a magical cat, but all she could so was call Jude's pet cat downstairs. Poor thing was traumatised.
"Ahem, in case you weren't forgetting, we're on a time schedule here." John huffed, rummaging through a box. He was much more stubborn in person than you'd think. "If we're going to find something, don't you think it would be a good idea to actually look rather than just yak about it? Geez, did this lady ever clean?" He picked up a really dusty looking book from a pile.
"Nah, that's not it. Anyway, once we've gone through these things the place will be a lot cleaner, don't worry." Jude picked up another dusty book, scrubbing at the cover, but it was just an old recipe book.
"Hey lads, look at this!" John pulled out another book, holding it up to his face. He'd found Jude's copy of his biography. That wasn't good. Jude was very, very protective of her books. "Looks like we have some fans!"
"Hey, give that back! That's my book!" Jude ran over to him, but he raised his arm up, dangling it just out of her reach so she had to jump to get it. She was quickly frustrated, but it was hilarious to watch.
"I think you'll find its my book." John teased, going on his tiptoes. George looked at her sympathetically, but quickly resumed looking.
"It doesn't matter, its not the book we're looking for, just keep going." Jude reminded them, and he eventually handed the book back over.
"If you want, I'll sign it later." He grinned, and she rolled her eyes, standing next to me again.
"Yeah, I hear signatures are worth more when you're dead." She mumbled, and I was shocked to the bone. John was her favourite Beatle.
"Jude! That's horrible!" I shoved her. She laughed a little, and I knew that she didn't mean it. We were all acting a bit funny fro the sudden pressure of having four of the most famous people in existence in our house.
"How about some music?" Paul suggested, and Jude nodded, reaching for Hermione's little radio, switching it on to a song which I'd heard so much recently, but I wasn't that bothered by it, although we all raced to switch it off when it came on.
"...I swear I wish somebody would tell me
Ooh thats all I want.
Thank you, and that was the latest hit, fourfiveseconds from Rihanna, Kanye West and-" We all pressed the button at the same time, which made us get funny looks from the guys.
"Well, she had a good voice, but that guitar playing was lousy." George commented. It was the first I'd heard him speak, but his voice was amazing. He had a different accent to the others, which was just part of what made him George. His comment made me laugh though, especially when Paul agreed with him. If only he knew.
We decided to just bring down Jude's gramophone, and carry on listening to Rubber Soul, and we were all singing along.
"Guys, we're singing with the Beatles!" I squealed quietly so the guys wouldn't hear me as they searched, even though they had no idea what they were looking for.
"No, we're singing Rubber Soul, but I have With The Beatles upstairs if you like." Jude giggled at her own joke. I wish there were more days like these.