62

November 7th

November 7th

I still won't talk about it. I haven't cried anymore and I haven't even hinted at being even remotely emotionally unstable. Why should I? I was a dick to her. I don't get to grieve. Whatever I got out then is all I'm over going to get out.

"...Are you going to get in trouble for being out too late?" Moonie hesitated, her hands fidgeting along Needy's fur.

"How would they know?" I groaned as I flipped back  on the couch, my arm falling over my eyes. "Nobody caught me, it's fine. Besides, if they were going to lock me up or some shit, I would've been caught already." I cleared my throat to extend the noise for just a little longer.

She's been quiet recently—not that I have been trying very hard to change that, but I don't know what to say.

It's obvious she wants me to talk about what happened. But I don't want to. It happened. It's over—

"Why won't you talk about it?" She spoke up, her tone firm and agitated. She spoke as if she read my mind.

"About what, Moon?"

"About what happened. Do you think I'm going to judge you? Do you think I won't listen to you?"

I sighed as my arm flopped from over my eyes and dangled off the side of the couch. "I just don't want to. What's the point? I'm sorry it happened, I didn't mean to get drunk. I—"

"Why are you apologizing?" Her voice raised slightly, her tone scratched with anger. "Why do you keep doing that?"

"Doing what?" I sighed as I pressed the pads of my thumbs against my eyes.

"Acting like you're ok. I thought we were over that when you told me about your sister."

I sat up, the fabric of the couch scratching underneath me as I shifted my legs over the side of the couch. "I'm not doing any—"

She chuckled, her eyes wide and glossy but an almost psychotic smile on her face. "Stop lying to me! Why do you do that? I'm trying to help you! I want you to be able to talk to me and not break down your entire personality until you're ready to!"

"Why do I have to talk about everything?! Why can't I just sit still and be with you and—"

"Because you're not with me! You're never actually with me when something is wrong with you! I want to be with you, I want you to be with me but you know that you can't do that and not talk to me about what's wrong! I'm always here! I'm not going any-fucking-where so just tell me!" She gasped as her chest bounced.

"You will. You're going to leave if I you know me—"

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Kai?!" She dropped to her knees in front of me, her hands holding the sides of my thighs as her pleading eyes stared up at me. "I'll tell you every day if I have to but I'm not going anywhere! I don't care what you tell me, I already told you that I want to know everything about you. Just let me know who you are in the present and not stuck with who you were five seconds ago! I don't want to be behind on your life when I'm trying to make it mine too."