46

October 22nd

October 22nd

In the midst of being happy in Kai's arms, I forgot to ask where the bathroom was and just walked off. I'm too embarrassed to go back so I'll just ask someone else.

"Excuse me," I spoke softly to the woman dressed in a golden cocktail dress, her dark brown hair cascading over her shoulders like something out of a magazine. She looked to be in her 50's but the way she smiled at me when she turned to face me made me feel embarrassed to even speak to her. "I'm sorry, do you know where the bathroom is?" My lips curled in slightly as I smiled at her.

"Right over there, it's the first door on the left." She smiled as her perfectly manicured hand pointed me in the right direction.

I mumbled a thank you and she nodded kindly at me before I walked off toward the direction she pointed me in.

It was a long and well lit hallway. Unlike the gallery area, the lights were bright all the way down and not just under specific artifacts.

I pushed on the door with the word 'women's' written on it in bold gray font.

I held my dress up as I carefully stepped across the tile. I think this was the fanciest bathroom I'd been in. There were three glass pumps by every sink and two wooden baskets at both ends of the counters filled with cream-colored napkins that looked to be made up of cloth.

The stalls were made up of two walls on either side, with wooden doors on the front, and only the tiniest space underneath. I wish I'd had this type of privacy in every other public bathroom.

When I was finished I took my time washing my hands, admiring the small golden details speckled into the counter, and staring at myself in the mirror. My hair came out how I wanted it to, thankfully. It was almost like I just needed a break from trying so hard.

I smiled to myself as the memory of what took place before we got here flashed through my mind. I'd never done anything like that before—that's a sentence I've been saying to myself a lot lately, but I haven't done a lot of things before and for the most part, I've been nervous about them...but Kai makes it so easy.

Just being around him makes breathing easier let alone smiling and laughing. I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life and it almost feels like nothing could go wrong. I mean, i know we are 'just friends', with a complicated definition of friends but, he's happy and I'm happy being with him.

Every time I think about him, it feels like I'm floating...and I don't want it to end.

I grabbed one of the napkins from the basket, then used it to open the door after I had dried my hands. I looked down and dropped it into the hamper as I begun to step out of the bathroom.

I gasped as I ran into what felt like a person.

"Shit. Sorry, Cel."

I looked up to see Jax, his perfectly white smile on display and his crystal-blue eyes that matched Aurua's staring down at me.