"I think that since no one is going to be here, I might as well go back down to the basement, find out what is going on", She said excitedly. I quickly shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest.

"No, that is without a doubt the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my entire life, and someone asked me if Europe was a country", I said sarcastically but with a firm tone, making it clear that I thought it was extremely reckless. She rolled her eyes at me before putting her hands together.

"It's the best time we will ever get to do this, it will just be Adam, Leo and Gramps in the house, our cousins are never even here as they all do their own things, businesses and hobbies they have, and grandmother, my mother, the aunts and triple evil are going shopping all day. They asked if you wanted to come but Chris said you were busy", She said with a smile although I can see her eyes turn misty.

"Are you sad?", I asked her as she turned to look out the window, wiping her eyes with the edge of her sleeve. She sniffled before turning back to me.

"They didn't invite me to go, my own mother is going and she didn't want me there", She said as she started to cry, quickly wiping the tears on her sleeve before sitting down onto the bed leaning over so I can't see her cry.

Well this is super awkward. What do I do? I slowly went over to her and patted her pack slowly as she turned to me with a smile, her eyes red.

"You aren't very good at this, are you?", She asked me as I slowly shook my head, causing her to laugh at me as she wiped her eyes once more. 

"Well, would you like to come with me today?", I asked her as she grinned at me before shaking her head.

"No, this is time for you to distract them and I find out anything I can about your brother and the attack at your house", She said with a smile as I shook my head at her. I wasn't going to convince her no matter what I did. 

"Fine, but take Arktos with you", I said as she rolled her eyes at me.

"It's a bear, how is it going to protect me?", She asked me sarcastically as I opened the balcony to get some air into the room. I pulled my suitcase from the side and started to unpack my clothes into the draws.

"Because it has a tracker in it. Charlie put it in there ages ago", I said to her nonchalantly as she dramatically gasped in surprise. 

"How do you know? When did you figure that out?", She asked quickly as she made my bed properly for me, jumping on it as soon as she was done.

"When he found me in the park a few weeks ago, he found me pretty quickly even though I ran far away", I said to her as she nodded, jumping on the bed slightly as clear light came through into the room, lighting it up.

"Right, and why did you run away that time? It seems to be a habit of your you know?", She said with a grin as I glared at her and shrugged my shoulders. 

"Well, at least school starts soon", She said with a heavy sigh before I quickly turned around to her, nearly causing myself whiplash. 

"School? Are you not home schooled?" I asked her as she shook her head disappointed. 

"No, unfortunately grandma values our education, blah blah blah", She said in an annoyed tone as I continued to fold my clothes and put my shoes in the wardrobe. I sighed heavily, I have always had a frenemy relationship with school, I loved the classes but hated the people, James made that part bearable but now I don't have him anymore. 

"I hate it, the evil musketeers like to think they are better than everyone else and no one cares if they do anything wrong, even teachers, they always blame me, but now I have you, I don't have to eat in the bathroom anymore", She said with a grin before I smiled at her. I nodded with a grin as I closed my draws. 

A harsh knock on the door cause us both to jump in fear before I ushered her into the wardrobe, giving her Arktos before jumping on the bed, telling her to keep quiet as she stared at me with widened eyes, nodding. 

I sat on my bed before the door opened quickly, Aiden, Max and Chris came inside with an unusually large grin on their face. Almost like they were happy to see me.

"Hey kiddo, you ready for the day?", Chris asked me with a smile as Max went to close the balcony door and Aiden fixed my bed so it was made properly once more. I nodded before he looked at my beloved poster fixed above my bed. 

"Alright, we are going to the museum today", Max said in a bored tone as I stopped myself from jumping in the air but instead gave them a very large grin. It caused them to smile in return before going back to a straight face.

"Alright, get ready and we will meet you downstairs in about twenty minutes alright?", Max said with a small smile before they headed out the room, not before Aiden messed up my bed hair as I swatted his hand away. He laughed before shutting the door behind them.

Ebony came out of the wardrobe with a smile although her eyes had gone red again, as thought she had been crying. 

"Are you alright?", I asked her as she nodded, giving me back Arktos before I pushed him back to her.

"You got this, just stay hidden and please don't get caught", I said to her with a smile before she nodded, a look of determination on her face before she left quickly, looking both ways before rushing back to her room. Alright, all I had to do is keep them distracted.

How hard could that be?

[40 CHAPTERS! DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?]