Chapter 44💌

Karthik's  POV...

When I opened the door, the first question I asked myself was, "When did she come back ?" She gave me a stern look before making herself inside, pushing me aside. The nerve of this girl. I knew she did not like my presence, and whenever she sees me, she never misses to give me a threatening look like I stole her boyfriend. No chance...Ewwwww...

I was only being patient with her because of Kayal. Because I knew, for Kayal, she's more than a best friend, like a family. But now, I wanted to irritate her a little for her attitude. " Where are you thinking? Are you going?" I asked in a blank tone when she was going towards Kayal's room. She halted for a second but again started to walk like she heard nothing. 

" Oh, just now, I knew that you are a deaf person." I mocked her. Abruptly, her steps halted and turned her body towards me. If one's look could kill a person, I would have died of her sharp knife look. " How dare you! I am not a deaf person, Mr. Karthik. If I did not answer means, I do not want to waste my time by talking with an idiot like you." I gave her a hard look, hearing her come back.

I heard a door opening sound, and Kayal came out of her room. " Kayal ......" screaming her name, she ran to Kayal and hugged as if she had never seen her for ages. " Abi.."  saying she too hugged back, regaining from her shock.  " Omg ... I missed you a lot, my baby. Come, we will go to your room, there is a lot we have to catch up. Already I wasted my time with useless things." Abi said the last part, scowling at me. Kayal looked at our faces doubtfully and her questioning look stopped at me finally.

I nodded my head here to there as I did not have any idea, what was going on. Without any delay, Abi dragged Kayal inside and I felt a little bit relaxed that I got a chance to irritate her to some extent.  And now I was anxiously waiting for the moment of revelation of Kayal's and mine relationship. Abi gonna faint with this newfound information. I smirked thinking about that scenario and left from there.

Kayal's POV...

I ran to my room when I heard the calling bell sound. Still, I get goosebumps while thinking about what happened just minutes ago and my body temperature increased.  Shrugging off my head I went to the washroom to wash my face. When I came back to the room I heard Karthik's voice, with that other familiar voice which I badly missed nowadays.

Quickly opening the door I came out to see, there was standing my bestie. Both Karthik and Abi turned towards my side hearing the sound. Looking at both of their expressions I could imagine what would have happened between these two. But before I could ask, Abi came to me running and hugged me tightly. First of all, I was shocked to see her. Because amid all this chaos I forgot to contact her.

Even for Abishek, I did not inform anything because Karthik forbid me to contact anyone unnecessarily and said to me that already he informed Abishek regarding my leave.

I only talked with Ruhi and Ryan, and that too only for a few seconds. Because he told me that it was not good for me to talk on the phone for a long.

Retreating from hug Abi dragged me inside my room saying that she had to talk with me without any disturbance. Doubtly I looked at Karthik but he acted like nothing happened but I was not fooled to believe him.

Going inside the room Abi locked the door and made herself comfortable in my bed. Suddenly her smiling cool face turned into a hard one. Heaving a huge sigh she asked me to sit near on the bed. Looking at her reaction I could say that something was wrong. Probably I knew it was related to me.

" So... Ms Kayal, how is your health now? Is everything okay? " She asked in a taunting manner. How did she get to know that? Idiot, her brother should have told her, my mind scolded me. Ohhhh...