Chapter 41💌

Aesthetic picture of Kayal👆☘️ Let me know your thoughts.....

~~~~~

When I woke up the next morning, I felt like someone caged me, and even I could not move my body. Suddenly, my brain got alerted and opened my eyes to see the person who was sleeping like a kid who had nothing to worry about. For a minute, I thought it was a dream, and if I moved even a little, it would disappear.

Only recently since I have started looking at his face while talking. But, this was the first time I noticed his features of him very closely. All those years, he only showed me a blank expression when I was comparing it to now; what I was seeing was a whole new him. For others, he was all sweet, but for me, he was always a grumpy dumbhead.

My mind was still in a haze and could not believe the fact that a man liked him had feelings for me. I did not have to lie; I always had ogled at handsome boys. Do not think I was rational, but it was common, right? to watch something which looked like eye candy. Because that was the only thing I could do. Also, I had huge doubts about whether I would get married or would end up alone for my whole life. Because I have seen sometimes the boys who had medium features too, demanding the girls who were looking like movie heroines when it comes to marriage alliances. So thinking that ,it was like Karthik pranking me on this matter.

But the warmness of his eyes,the sincerity in his voice, and his comforting hugs tell me the opposite way. After Abi, I trusted him with myself. I hope he would not break that trust and me,like others who I trusted blindly in my past and broke into this deep.

" That's enough because if you continued to stare at me like that, I could not control myself anymore. Though, I do not want to scare you off. " suddenly, he said in his early morning, deep voice, stirring a little.

Oh my God, did he awake all this time? I was there like deer caught in headlights. This was embarrassing 😳... Quickly, I tried to move, but his firm hold around me got tightened even more, and he pulled me very close to his chest. I could hear my heart thumping sound and wondered, could he hear too???

I started to wiggle from his hold, and this time, he groaned like he was in some kind of pain, and with that, his eyes fluttered open. I stopped whatever I was doing and looked at him. Because I do not want to hurt him by my body.

When my pair of eyes collided with his pair of eyes, the first thing I wished was ' Every morning should be started like this '.
"Of course, after marriage every morning will be like this" Hearing his voice, my eyes went wide in realisation...Damn did I say it loudly!!! " But if you accept, before marriage also we could wake up every morning like this," he said mischievously. And my cheeks started to get heated understanding our position and what did he say a second before.

" Karthik...." I whined and started to push him and doesn't matter my chubby hands hurt him this time. When I realised his hold on me got loosened, I rolled out from the bed and ran fast into the bathroom. More to my embarrassment even I stumbled on my way. Shit!shit!shit! Closing the door I leant on it to catch my breath. And still, I could hear his laughing through the closed door. What a pity!!!! I just wanted to bang my head on the door.

*

*

I took my time to get a bath, because I forgot to bring my dress. But I knew, he would not stay in the room until late, since Father and Kavya also had woken by now. I made a mental note to keep a pair of dresses in the drawer of the bathroom for any unexpected situation like this.

As I assumed Karthik was not there in my room when I came out. Quickly changing my dress and taking my medicine I left to do my routine chores. While cutting vegetables only I noted that I have forgot the ring. So leaving the kitchen I quickly went to my room and wore it. While wearing it Karthik's face came to my thought and I felt some burden in my heart.