Part 16 A haunting past (Hanul's back story)

Hanul

About six months after I started my career as an MMA fighter, a director of a well-known clothing brand contacted me. They wanted to arrange a meeting to discuss the probability of me becoming a brand ambassador for their sports line that was about to launch. As a young fighter gaining popularity, they felt I fit their image perfectly. A time and date were set for the meeting. My instinct told me to go to this meeting alone.

On the day of the meeting, I was pleasantly surprised as it was not only the director present in the board room but also the complete board of directors, they needed me to take my rightful place as the CEO. I was very reluctant to accept their proposal as I had absolutely zero experience in business.

The brand ambassador negotiations were finalised within an hour and the contract was signed. As for the rest of the negotiations those took almost four days to finalise. During those days I learned more about my family and the purpose of The Organisation. It turned out that the board of directors were all loyalists to the house of Jade into which I was born.

After I signed the endorsement contract, eight of the nine directors introduced themselves one by one. They were all elders of their respective clans, only the man sitting at the head of the boardroom table had not spoken a word since my arrival. He sat in the chair quietly observing everything about me. When the last elder introduced himself, they all turned to the person who had to yet say a word.

Silence descended upon the board room, and I felt myself getting nervous. Then the unexpected happened, the Chairman got up from his seat, walked around the table to where I was sitting, and pulled me out of the chair. He held me by my shoulders looking deep into my eyes before he pulled me into a hug. His arms were like steel bars around my shoulders, I felt as he bunched the back of my shirt while hugging me, big tears silently rolling down his face.

"You look so much like your mother, but you have your father's eyes." He said after he calmed himself down. "My name is Chun Min-Jun, and I am your uncle, your biological father was my brother."

He pushed me to sit down again as he saw that I was shell-shocked by the bomb he dropped.

"Here is what we know," Uncle Min-Jun said as he sat next to me, pulling a very thick file to him.

He pulled out a birth certificate, baby photos, newspaper clippings, and other papers and photos.

He started relating the tale of my heritage and birth to me.

Dragons have always been a monarch society ruled by a Queen. Originally it was only Alpha Queens that ascended to the throne, but there have not been any Female Alphas born over the last hundred years in any household.

The house of Jade has been the reigning house for the last five thousand years. The last Queen-Silvia (my grandmother) was a puppet Queen to her Alpha Consort as she was an Omega. Yohan (my grandfather and the Queen's consort) was a commoner, but he was Silvia's fated mate.

Silvia was a very pampered child not only was she an Omega but also the last born and only female child of the previous Queen. When she ascended to the throne at the young age of sixteen (due to the sudden passing of her mother giving birth to her stillborn sister) she was not prepared for all the responsibilities and duties of a Queen and was struggling. Then she met Yohan at her coronation, the court was not very happy to allow him to be the Queen's consort, but because they were fated mates and both had their claim marks the courts could not separate them for the Queen would die without her mate.

The day after they got married, she left the ruling of the dragons to Yohan. Some of the inner court members were very upset, because how can a commoner rule over them and a man on top of it all, others saw this as a golden opportunity to bring the house of Jade to a fall.