Part 24 New employees

Lilly

So much has happened since I ran into Kota almost five years ago. My father left us with Kota's uncle, we called him Uncle Rodger, but I knew that was not his real name. He trained both of us in martial arts, hand-to-hand combat, gun training and dragon training. We were taught how to fight in our dragon forms as well as the history of the dragons.

For the past two years, Kota and I have been on the run from my grandfather Lee Aizen, he is not aware that I am related to him, he only knew that I was the prophesized Queen. He was trying to capture me so that he could control me. Mm, yeah good luck with that.

We were cornered about six months ago if it weren't for my teleporting ability we would have been caught. We left everything we had on us in that ally as I suspected some planted a tracking device on us. Thanks to Ari's face modification devices, no one outside of that little mountain town knew what we looked like.

I teleported us near a safe house that Moddy and I stocked when I was little. Most of the things were useless to us such as the clothing and the phones. Thanks to Kota's Poppa (who had foresight) Moddy stashed a backpack full of credits. I contacted my dad through our link to tell him we were safe, and what happened. He said that he knew a guy who would be able to hide us, just to give him a week and to lay low.

Two weeks later Dad contacted me again, the moment he spoke to me through our link I knew something major had happened to him. I bawled my eyes out when he told me he found Moddy and that they were mated, he told me about the arrangements Moddy made for us and why it was not safe for me and Moddy to reunite at the moment.

Our appointment with the contact was for the next day. We were picked up by an SUV with very dark tinted windows and asked to change our clothing and hand over everything we had on us, not that we had anything except for a couple of knives, (for self-defence, you know).

We were treated as Royals the moment we stepped into the manor. Everyone bowed to us wherever we went.

"Your Majesty, I am James, please come this way, we have prepared a suit for you and the Queen's consort, Director Chun will receive you in the dining room for lunch where after you will adjourn to the study. Here are your new phones that have a map of the estate and main house already installed. You are free to roam the property and partake in any activity, there is also a change of clothing for both of you in the suit for now."

"The personal stylists will be here tomorrow, to arrange your wardrobe. If you require my service you can tap on the Butler icon on your smartphones and will be connected directly to me, regardless of where you are at any given time." The butler bowed as he opened the room door for us to enter.

Kota and I just looked at each other with a look of 'dude' and entered the room. We decided to stay in the room just to absorb everything. There were two sets of clothing for each of us, I chose the beautiful sky-blue sundress and Kota a pair of jeans and a button shirt the same colour as my dress.

We stayed at the manor for a month to assume our new identities, we decided to use our dragon's names I became Rose Im and Kota became Kyle Im.

Director Chum was my Moddy's uncle and he felt that the safest place for us to be was right next to Moddy and Dad. He asked us to call him Grandpa. Under the direction of a makeup artist, we changed our hair colour to black, brown contact lenses and strategic makeup, our features became classic oriental. I cried so much when Kota had to colour his beautiful hair because I loved his white with black tip spiky hair.

Ever since the incident with Aizen in Dad's office, Dad insisted that Moddy have a bodyguard and a personal assistant that can double as a bodyguard. Akira, Moddy's current assistant is going on maternity leave soon and is looking for a substitute as Moddy was not comfortable with any of the current prospects. Grandpa gave us the application forms but we had to pass all interview rounds on our own, he was not going to give us the jobs using the backdoor.

"Success can only be reached through one's achievements, not by grabbing the golden thigh of others." was what he told us the day he gave us the application forms. Grandpa also said that we have to state that we are married because as claimed fated mates, we still crave occasional contact with each other that involves a bit more intimacy than just co-workers. We also decided that Kota would speak for us as a couple if asked.

Kota and I were shortlisted, and had our final interview the next day; our skills had already been evaluated and found to be beyond acceptable.

I was very nervous as we sat in the waiting area not knowing how I would react when I saw my Moddy again.

We were called in as random pairs, there were eight of us and I was the only girl. With the scent cover patches that Kota and I had on everybody thought we were Betas, and sneered at us, especially at me.

Right before the interviews started Moddy came to the interview room, the hallway turned to ice as his cold gaze swept over us. Two assistants and one bodyguard candidate were asked to leave within minutes after entering the room. Kota was asked to stay for the second round of interviews. From my group two assistants and one bodyguard were asked to stay.

At the end of that day Kota and I were the ones who were offered the positions. Moddy looked at our portfolios and noticed that we share the same Family name.

He looked up from the papers to us, even with his mask and glasses on he still had a cold aura to him. I felt my heart break, this cold man was not the Moddy I knew.

"Hm... I see you have the same family name, are you related?"

Kota proudly straightened up and looked at me with love before answering Moddy.

"Yes, President Chun. We have been legally married for almost five years now"

Moddy mumbled to himself but our enhanced hearing picked up every word. 'So young, they were still babies when they got married, them being married would be better for all of us though.'

Moddy looked at Kota before he asked his last question.

"Kyle, if there comes a situation where you have to choose whom to save; me or your wife, who will you choose?"

"With all due respect, President Chun, but that will never happen," Kota told him

Moddy was confused for a moment, "why do you say that?"

Kota turned to me before he answered Moddy. "Rose is ten times stronger than me," he turned back to Moddy "In the situation you mentioned she'll most probably be the one to protect and save the both of us."

Moddy seemed happy with this reply. "Good, please wait outside for a moment." He then turned to Akira and spoke to her in a low voice. "Take them to HR to get the staff IDs, when you give them, their contracts give them the senior employee's package."

We could pick up every word being said inside the room.

"Sir, it seems that you like these two young people, are you getting soft now that you are mated?"

Someone being slapped with a stack of papers followed by soft laughter could be heard

"No, I'm not it's just that they feel like family, the girl reminds me of Lilly, she makes the ache in my heart go away."

Hearing this Kota wrapped his arms around me as I sobbed silently on his shoulder. Soon after Akira came out and took us to complete the paperwork.

The next day we officially started working for Moddy.