Part 19 A date with fate

Minho

A week before meeting Hanul

"Secretary Kang!" I yelled into the handset of the phone on my desk before I slammed it back on the cradle. A soft knock came from the door right before a short middle-aged woman entered. She didn't say anything as she came to a stop right in front of my desk lifting her well-sculpted right eyebrow at me.

I looked up from the paperwork on my desk and saw the disapproval in her eyes. Rubbing both hands over my face I gave a hopeless sigh.

"Apologies Mam, I didn't mean to yell, please have a seat. We have a huge problem"

Mrs. Kang took the seat close to her and sat down, without uttering a single word. She was still miffed at me for yelling at her, I don't blame her. I have never in the 14 years that she has been my assistant yelled at her.

She took me (a not-yet-graduated 20-year-old student) under her wing when my father demanded that I take over the 'legal' company as CEO. She was there on the happiest day of my life, the day I married Hanul. She was there to pick up the broken pieces when I had to fake Hanul and Lilly's deaths and send them away for their protection. She was there for me (almost five years ago) when I returned after being missing for six months.

She created a cover of me being in training for the whole time I went missing. Even my father believed this as I occasionally went on training sessions for a few months where I was unreachable. She often reminded me to eat or to go home to shower and sleep. She was more of a mother to me than my own.

My mother was a typical socialite, only caring about spending money, the latest trends, her image, and her status. I was barely born when she handed me over to a nanny.

My father was no better, he only started to pay attention to me when I differentiated as a dominant Alpha on my 18th birthday. My father was livid the day I secretly married Hanul. I was naïve to think that my father would accept him. I found out about the kill order on Hanul a week after I realised, he was pregnant. I hid the fact that Hanul was an Omega from my father and the elders of our clan, as I noted that the few known male Omegas were starting to go missing.

The kill orders were because my father saw Hanul as human, a threat in his influence over me, saying that Hanul was corrupting me into leading a good and "by the book" life.

Pulling my thoughts back from the past, I handed the top paper over to Mrs. Kang.

"My father's warehouses have been raided over the past week; he lost a lot of what he calls premium products. I have been informed that the 'products' have not been resold on any markets." "I don't know who raided the warehouses, their work is clean and very efficient."

"Also, quite a few of my father's dubious companies have been taken over by that huge conglomerate the two years, he is yelling at me to get them back and claims that the takeovers were hostile and illegal." "Pfft as if."

I pointed to the paper in her hand.

"On top of that, it seems that my father and some of the elders are poking their noses into the Nights' business." "I've had reports that they tried to hack our system, lucky for us we have Ari."

Mrs. Kang looked up from the report and asked "Do we have another leak in the Nights?"

"Unfortunately," I said. "They couldn't get the information on Lilly's location through hacking, so they used other methods."

"According to this report Lilly and Kota were evacuated twice when the perimeter alarms were triggered, the third time the alarms were not triggered, but Lilly and Kota were almost caught, it also says here that they went missing soon after they went into a closed-off ally." Mrs. Kang said pointing to a section on the page