Part 15 Blood sports

Hanul

A few months after the shooting incident at Dragon's Edge

The gym in the building next door helped me keep my sanity. Over the last four years, I kept up with the Tai Chi training I started in Rehab with San; thus, it helped me to keep up with the beginners' workout the owner of the gym gave me. He told me if I could keep up with his regime, he would be my coach and teach me MMA fighting.

He started me out with a *beginner's workout, which consisted of Shadowboxing; burpees; jump rope; jump squads; shadowboxing again and ending with matrix push-ups.

Coach made me attend beginner classes for Judo and Taekwondo; when he was happy with my stamina, he also trained me in Brazilian jiu-jitsu; Muay Thai; kickboxing and capoeira. He told me to develop my style.

Combining the different fighting styles was like balm to my chaotic mind, it helped me focus. The gym became my second home, I was waiting for the coach in front of the gym every morning after a 10km run, and at night he shoved me out the door to go home so that he could lock up.

One morning around five months after I started going to the gym, right after I finished my morning warmup session, I started to feel restless and very irritated. My mind was drifting towards memories again. I decided to skip the banana-heavy bag that day and moved to the pole bag as I needed to exert more power in the punches and kicks.

I just couldn't focus as the events of the last 8 years kept playing like a movie on repeat in my mind, this made me more agitated by the minute.

Around 10 am that morning a young guy with a very arrogant attitude came into the gym. He was accompanied by a slightly older man who went straight to the coach. After a minute their conversation started to get animated as the older man kept pointing to the arrogant guy and the coach kept shaking his head.

With my dragon hearing I could pick up every word of the conversation, turns out that they were looking for a sparring partner for the young guy and were going from gym to gym. He was looking for a challenge as he had not been beaten and wanted to start fighting as a professional MMA fighter.

I looked at the young guy and saw that his gym bag and clothing were all name brands, very expensive and exclusive. I walked over to the coach and asked what was going on. The coach explained the situation to me and turned to the manager.

"Look mate, like I told you, I have no fighters that are on the same level as your guy, all my guys are beginners."

I looked from coach to the young man, "I'll spar with him, coach"

"Are you sure mate?" the coach asked

"Yeah, I need a challenge today too," I said cracking my neck. The manager smiled as he looked at me. Being an Omega I was on the shorter side of average at 1.67m. My skin tone was quite pale as I spent most of my time indoors, I was barefoot, wearing an oversized T-shirt with baggy sweatpants. They could not see the muscles underneath my clothing.

Coach finally agreed and we all walked over to the young guy. His manager informed him that I was willing to spar against him.

He looked over his manager's shoulder, smiled and said: "Come on Pops be serious; you want me to spar against this pipsqueak?" "But he will fall over the minute I blow too hard on him!"

'Wise ass, today you die!' Nexial growled in my mind. 'Yup, he is an arrogant little shit' I answered back.

We stepped into the cage; the coach looked at me again to ask if I was sure but took a step back when he saw the killer intent in my eyes.

Live for me (Omegaverse MxM)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें