Part 1 Trapped in the darkness

Before we start this story here are the trigger warnings. They will not appear again, so please take note.

Man on man;   blood; mature content; childbirth;  violence;  language; angst;  depression.

Hanul

'Is this it, is this what my life comes down to?' I thought to myself as I watched him walk away. I hunched down, screaming in anguish as I clutched my aching chest, tears mixed with rain on my face.

'Why does it hurt so much I lowered my head and curled up in a ball on the wet ground yelling out in pain until no sound escaped my raw throat. Mother Nature must have felt my turmoil as the thunderstorm raged in the night sky. I knew it was getting late and that I had to get out of the rain before I got sick, but what's the point? I closed my eyes as silent sobs wrecked my body, the last thought before the darkness claimed me was 'Let me die, please take the pain away and just let me die.'

*********

Everything around me was black, there was no up or down, no left or right, just blissful nothingness. It was warm and comfortable. There's no pain, no sadness no happiness either just endless nothingness.

I don't know how long I was in my black cocoon when I heard a tiny voice calling out "Mommy, wake up! Wake up I need you" I chose to ignore the pleading voice as I'm not a mother, I can't have children of my own. I'm a defective Omega male. I know because my Alpha told me so right before he walked out of my life.

**********

I opened my eyes to the eternal blackness again, but something felt off. Why am I awake? What made me wake up here?

"Sob"

There .............. , that's it, the sound of a child crying. Why is there a child in my black cocoon?". I turned my head to the right and noticed that there was a patch of grey in the distance. Instinctively I started moving towards the lighter area, the closer I got the more pitiful the sobs became. What felt like an eternity later, I finally reached the child, I took two steps back when the child came into focus, there before me was not a child but a baby dragon, surrounded by a patch of the most beautiful and fragrant lilies I have ever seen. My breath hitched as the baby dragon looked up into my eyes crying louder.

"Why don't you want me? Don't you love me?" the dragon managed to say in between heart-wrenching sobs, tears streaming from her sea-green eyes over the most beautiful silver face. I knelt next to her and picked her up, careful not to damage her fragile wings, pressing the tiny body to my chest. "Oh, sweetheart how can anyone NOT love you" I felt her squirming in my arms trying to look into my eyes.

"Then why don't you wake up mommy? If you don't wake up soon both of us will die"

"What do you mean sweetheart, how can me waking up from this darkness save you?"

"You are my Moddy, (mommy/daddy). You are dying and me with you, I want to meet you, I want you to hold me in your arms and give me warm hugs. I know your heart is broken because Daddy left you, but you must live for me now." I saw the truth of these words as I gazed into her eyes.

"Moddy, you have to wake up NOW!"

With these last words yelled at me she stuck her sharp little claws in my arm, the sudden pain pulled me back from the darkness into the harsh brightness of reality.

"Doctor, the patient is reacting to the pain." a female voice said near my head

"Finally, nurse Yoon vitals please!" A man yelled from the other side of my bed

"Blood pressure is still low but climbing current reading 85/49 mmHg. Heartbeat in a stable sinus rhythm, pulse 72 bpm, temperature up to 36.5°C"

"Great, nurse Jung the baby?" The man demanded

"Baby still in distress, but heartbeat slowed to within normal parameters."

I heard the collective sigh of the people around my bed. The beeping sound of the heart monitor penetrated my muddled brain. The typical sharp antibacterial and medication smell of a hospital tickled my nose at the exact moment a very sharp pain stabbed my stomach making me want to curl up in a ball.

"Dr. Nakamura the contractions are now two minutes apart" I heard a woman standing by the monitors say.

"Good have them prep Emergency Delivery Room 1 for an Epidural C-section...... chop, chop NURSE YOON!" I looked up to see a young woman with her hair in a tight bun turn around to do the doctor's bidding. I gave a silent chuckle as this reminded me of my favourite Anime where the coach kept saying "Chop, chop man bun"

As the nurse left the room to do as the Doctor instructed, he pulled Nurse Jung aside and whispered urgent instructions in her ear. The only understandable words I could catch were; an unclaimed stillborn premature infant. The nurse nodded, pulled out her phone, and started to text.

Another sharp pain raked through my abdomen, I let out an earsplitting scream and grabbed the moving soccer ball that was my stomach.

The warm eyes of Nurse Jung appeared in my face. "Mr. Lee Hanul, can you understand me?"

I looked up and nodded while whispering 'yes'.

"Good, now your baby girl will soon be born via a C-section, do you understand what that means?"

Again, I gave her a nod.

"Now to keep both you and the baby safe, you have to trust only Dr. Nakamura and me from here on out."

I looked at her with confusion: "Why? Why should I trust you?"

Nurse Jung only smiled "Good boy." She said while ruffling my hair. "Don't trust anyone, but your Aunt Mei said she will buy you a boat"

I gave a soft chuckle. To buy me a boat is a code phrase between me and Aunt Mei that the person in front of you is trustworthy. I nodded again.

"Good, now close your eyes and pretend that you relapsed into a coma."

I heard Nurse Jung saying to Dr. Nakamura that we were ready. He gave me one look, nodded and ran out of the room yelling. "Code red, we have to move now the patient lost consciousness again, the baby is in distress it is also 18 weeks premature, get the incubator ready as well as the neo-natal team, chop, chop people."

I closed my eyes and regulated my breathing as the contractions were getting closer together. I was very scared, but I trusted my aunt completely.