Part 12 Bulletproof? (Edited)

Hanul/Nexial

It was almost daybreak by the time we entered the shopping district where the tattoo shop of Tetsu and Ken were located. I am exhausted from the blood loss, trying to fly and keep Hanul's consciousness suppressed.

I shifted back to normal as soon as we landed by the door in the ally. Banging on the door after my keen hearing picked up movement inside the shop, we collapsed in a heap knowing we were safe.

"Who the fuck knocks so early in the bloody morning?" a very irritated Ken mumbled as he opened the door.

"Yeah? What the f.......... Oh shit! Tetsu help, hurry!" Ken rushed towards a bloody and barely breathing Hanul. Dragging him inside he kicked the door closed not worrying about the trail of blood on the floor.

Yelling for Tetsu to come to help him again. Tetsu walked into the kitchen while rubbing his eyes from sleep. "What are you yelling for Kitten?" Tetsu opened his eyes and saw Ken struggling with Hanul, a bleeding Hanul.

"Shit Kitten, it's princess"

Ken rolled his eyes at Tetsu. "Thank you Captain Obvious, don't just stand there, HELP ME GET HIM TO THE FUCKING BACK ROOM!"

Tetsu took Hanul from Ken and rushed him to the lab. Before Ken ran after them, he stopped to look at the mess on the kitchen floor. "Ah... so today is that day" With this realisation he grabbed his phone and dialed a number.

"Good morning you have reached Rin's catering service this is Yaco speaking how can we help you?" The voice on the other side answered

"Morning this is K, I would like to make a lunch reservation," Ken stated

"Alright Mr. K for how many people are we catering and from which menu are you choosing?" Yaco asked

"That will be for one person only from Menu A but please add the house special" Ken informed him.

"That will be one menu A with the house special. The usual delivery address Mr. K?"

"Yes, please. When can I expect delivery?" Ken enquired.

"The chef is busy with your order as we speak Mr K, as for the house special that will be prepared on-site sir as that product requires immediate serving, you can expect the crew within the next 20 minutes" Yaco replies.

Ken replaced the phone in his pocket knowing the mess outside, and in the kitchen, would be taken care of, and so would Hanul as soon as he was stabilized. What the hell happened? Ken walked to the lab with too many questions floating in his head.

Inside the lab, Ken found Hanul awake on the examination bed talking to Tetsu, still clutching the bloody rags to his chest. Tilting his head Ken scrutinised Hanul from head to toe.

"You are not Hanul," Ken stated in a flat tone.

Hanul/Nexial turned his head towards Ken "You are quite perceptive young one, my name is Nexial, and I am Hanul's dragon"

Tetsu whipped his head around to Hanul noting the Emerald green eyes with vertical slits for the first time. His eyes traveled down to the hand, no not a hand it is a claw covered in Jade green scales.

Jade green oh shit.....................

Tetsu fell onto one knee moving his right fist over his heart in a salute. "Your Highness, it is an honour to serve you"

Nexial looked at Tetsu and Ken. "Please don't, you are friends, I might be of royal descent but we all know that the house of Jade fell. Please address me as you did Hanul."

Ken snorted and tried to suppress his laughter.

Looking at Ken, Nexial asked, "Is there a problem young one?"

Unable to control himself anymore Ken's laughter ripped from his mouth making him bend over while tears streamed down his face pointing at Tetsu.

By this time Tetsu stood up and had a very sheepish expression on his face. He looked at Nexial while scratching the back of his head. "Well...... Uhm, you see......"

"He calls Hanul Princess" Ken blurted out before a fresh round of laughter overtook him.

"Princess hmm ......... I have to say it fits Hanul." Nexial gave a short snort but grimaced in pain almost immediately. "Don't make me laugh, there is a bullet lodged in Hanul's heart and it needs to be removed, we are barely hanging on by a thread.

These words spurred Tetsu and Ken into action. "Princess, can we ask what happened? Where is Lilly?" Ken asked while making Hanul/Nexial comfortable on the bed and removing the blood-soaked shirts.

Nexial related the story as best he could from the memories, he got from Hanul about the last 24 hours. Hearing this both Tetsu and Ken realised that their son Kota would not react well to the fact that Lilly was missing. Deciding to keep quiet the two mates worked quickly to remove the bullet with the least amount of pain.

Almost an hour later the bullet was placed in a stainless-steel kidney bowel. Removing the sponges and bloody swabs, Tetsu looked at the wound tilting his head, his eyes moved from the bullet hole to Nexial/Hanul's face. "Why is it not healing?" he asked pointing at the offending hole.

"I suspect the bullet was laced with dragon's claw," Nexial said starting to cough up blood.

Shit, Tetsu thought running to the mass spectrometer to do a quick test. A few nail-biting minutes later the results came back positive for dragon's claw. Thanks to Kitten's ability they had the antidote in stock. The moment it was injected into the wound it started healing.

A soft knock sounded at the door; Ken went to answer. After speaking to the person at the door Ken turned to Tetsu making a circular movement with his index finger toward the floor, indicating that he would be back shortly.

Turning around Tetsu saw that Nexial/Hanul had fallen asleep. He covered him with a warm blanket and started working on new scent blockers and inhibitor earrings because being an unknown royal dragon shifter he will need stronger ones.