Chapter 9

HUNTER ||

Gabe.

A huge breath of relief escapes me as I rush towards the bedroom door, grabbing my friend and shoving him into the hallway.

"What in Goddess name, Hunter," Gabe hisses as I shove his body up against the wall. "What's going on?"

"Gabe," I gasp, looking around the hallway to make sure that nobody else could hear me. "I need your help, we're in deep shit here."

"Why?" He questions, his eyes frantically searching mine.

"Raiden, the black Leopard, the one in the cells," I begin and Gabe nods. "He's not just Dylan's mate," Pausing to take a deep breath, I swallow down the bile building up in the back of my throat. "Raiden is Roman's brother."

Gabe's eyes widen as he shoves my hands from his shirt before turning our bodies and slamming me into the wall this time. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Growling, I begin to explain everything that Roman just told me. Every single thing and Gabe listens, his eyes so wide that I thought they would leap out of his head, his claws digging into my shoulders as he studies me, full attention and awareness to the insane amount of fuckery that we've found ourselves in at this point.

"Hunter," Gabe shakes his head after I finish my rambling, full blown panic in his eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Really?!" I exclaim quietly but angrily, throwing my hands up in the air. "I'm fucking sure, Gabe, you have to help me!"

He nods. "Ok, yeah, ok." Looking around the hallway again before looking back at me, he groans. "Ok, I'll get the keys from Dean's office, I know where he keeps them and I'll meet you at the cells."

I frown. "But how are you going to keep Dean from finding out?"

"Let me worry about him," Gabe nods again, raising a brow when I seemed skeptical. "Trust me, I've been handling that man for years and he's not as observant as everyone thinks. I've got this. You just go to the cells and wait for me outside."

When Gabe tries to leave, I grab him again and ask, "What about Dylan? He's going to wonder who let his mate and Reland out. If you knew where the keys were the whole time, why wouldn't you give them to our Alpha?"

Gabe's jaw tenses. "I had my reasons." I didn't like that. "Just trust me. Let me handle this and meet me at the cells."

With that, he leaves me standing in the hallway as he runs towards the stairs and up to Dean's office.

This was not a smart idea and when Dean finds out the felines are out of the cells, he's going to flip his shit. Not to mention how Dylan is going to feel. Why would Gabe betray him like that? We've seen how hard this has been on him and yet our Beta chose not to help him by giving him the cell keys?

"Don't worry about that right now. Get down to those cells before somebody wakes up." — Knoxx tells me.

Sighing, I peek into the spare bedroom and see Roman still sleeping, sprawled across the bed, his large body making the king sized bed look like a twin underneath his frame.

Quietly entering the room, I tip toe across the hardwood floors, panicking everytime one of the boards creaked underneath my bare feet.

Grabbing a hoodie, some sweatpants and slipping my feet into a pair of shoes with no socks because nobody had time for that, I leave the room again. Carefully closing the door behind me and then rushing towards the Conference building that sat above the underground cells.

Waiting outside for Gabe like he'd instructed, I bounce nervously on the balls of my feet for what seemed like an hour before seeing him running towards the conference building, a backpack in his hand.