Chapter 6

HUNTER ||

A few hours after Kyle came to check Roman's injured leg for the last time, he gave us two different meds for Roman to take before giving us the all clear to go home.

I knew that I couldn't bring him back to my house in the pack because my parents and my little brother were staying with me while their house was being renovated after a kitchen fire — so the only other place that I could think of was the packhouse.

It was definitely the last option on my list of places to go but with no vacant pack houses, I really didn't have much of a choice.

Getting out of the car once we arrived at the packhouse, I chuckle as I help Roman out of the backseat, his head hitting the top of the car as he attempted to duck to avoid the same thing — failing miserably.

Poor thing.

Closing the back door, I wrap my arm around Roman's waist as he drapes his over my shoulders while we walk up the stairs and inside of the packhouse. Or try to.

Roman's attention gets caught on the Conference Building. The same building that sat right above the underground cells.

"Roman?" I ask, trying to get his attention but he was quick to cut me off.

"What is that building?" He questions, his gaze hardening as his attention stayed plastered on said building. "What does it hold?"

"That's the conference building." Dylan interjects, catching Roman's attention as he looks in his direction.

"Is that all?" Roman asks skeptically, Dylan nods. Gabe sends me a look and I swallow nervously.

Roman's natural form is terrifying, so I could only imagine what his Lion's true form looked like, completely healed, full height and utmost power.

"Probably a hundred times worse." — Knoxx whispers, his tail tucking between his legs.

"Hmm." Roman hums in response as his attention lingers on the conference building for a few moments longer before he sighs, his body still tense though as he turns back around and starts to head towards the packhouse.

Looking at Gabe, who was watching Roman with a look that I couldn't quite figure out, I shrug helplessly when his gaze falls on mine then I look at Dylan. He was frowning as Roman opened the door to the packhouse, so I shake my head, unsure of what else to say about that weird interaction just now.

Running to catch up to Roman who was already inside of the packhouse at this point, I walk inside and then close the door once Gabe and Dylan come inside as well.

Observing Roman, I stay rooted to my spot as does Dylan and Gabe who were standing by my side, we all watch as Roman looks around the bottom floor of the packhouse.

Roman limps into the kitchen from the livingroom, his eyes glowing a beautiful golden color, Knoxx pushing forward with me as we both could feel our mate's Lion forward with him as they sniff various spaces around the bottom floor.

Their attention seemed locked onto the game room and then the livingroom, one couch in particular and then their attention shifted to the stairs that led to the second floor.

"Hero." Roman and his Lion whisper before taking off upstairs, my eyes widen as I look to Dylan and Gabe who shared the same expression as I did before we all rush after Roman.

Finding him on the second floor, he was ripping open all of the doors that led to bedrooms, bathrooms and one office before running up the second set of stairs that led to the Alpha floor of the packhouse.

Roman rips through Dylan's bedroom, throwing things all over the place, roaring and calling out for someone who he kept calling his Hero. It was strange. To see this tense, frantic version of him. So fixated on something or someone who most definitely wasn't here.

Dylan, Gabe and I spend a few minutes arguing about it when Roman limps out of Dylan's bedroom, not finding what or who he was looking for before I hear Knoxx's voice.

"Maybe you should go ask the felines in the cells. Maybe they know each other." — Knoxx suggests and I roll my eyes at him, walking out of Dylan's bedroom in search of my mate.

"I don't think Raiden or his friend will actually talk to me about anything considering the way that our pack has treated them. And why would they know each other? They're different breeds of feline and Roman said his brother is a Lion like him, so they're not related." —  Offering my own explanation, I make my way down the stairs.

Following my mate's scent, I find him standing in the second floor hallway in front of my bedroom door.

Smiling weakly, I walk up to him and open the door then gesture for him to go inside, loving the way that he sought my scent out in the midst of his frantic moment.

Trying to push Knoxx back, but giving up when he claws at the veil, I groan and drop it back down as I hear him begin to speak again.

"Think about it, Hunter. Roman was fixated on the conference building, he kept smelling everything in the packhouse and then tore apart only Dylan's bedroom saying that he was looking for someone special."

Mentally nodding, I rack my brain for reasons why they would be connected but I come up short.

"Continue." — I whisper back, struggling to put the pieces together.

Watching Roman take a seat on the bed, he pats the blanket and I quickly take a seat next to him, leaning into his power, hoping my presence would calm him.

"Maybe they are one and the same. Maybe they knew each other in the outside world. Maybe felines do live together, even different breeds." — Knoxx begins and I mentally gesture for him to finish because the riddles were driving me crazy.

"Maybe the something special that Roman was looking for is Raiden." — Knoxx whispers once again, tucking his tail between his legs and his ears flat against his head.

I gasp. Lifting my head off Roman's shoulder, my eyes widen as I stare into his.

Maybe.

————————————————————————

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN!! There's even more drama is afoot!

Thoughts???
Predictions? Fears? Hopes?

Share them all and don't forget to comment if you felt the urge and vote if you enjoyed this one!

Thanks so much for reading,
Until next chapter,
Byeeeeeeee Bestiessssssssssss!!