Chapter Forty Eight

Since he just got here, I decided to not directly introduce him to the local food. I ended up ordering Chinese food and the delivery was really quick. We ate and finally cleaned ourselves.

I showed him where he'll stay and gave him towels, extra pillows, blankets. And then, I went to the bathroom to clean myself up since I woke up to the surprise and really forget about showering. After I blow dried my hair, I decided to go to the guest room to see how Yesung was doing. I slowly opened the door and saw him deep in his sleep. His brows are furrowed, like he's deep in thinking.

I lay on the bed beside him, slowly brushing his hair not to wake him up. I became drowsy as well and slowly closed my eyes. I didn't sleep, but it felt like I could rest with his presence. It felt like he could shield every negative thought I had.

I opened my eyes again and there he was, his eyes already looking at me softly.

"Sh.. it's okay, go back to sleep," he whispered.

"I wasn't sleeping," I whispered back.

He pulled me into his arms and I burrowed my head to his chest.

"I want this everyday," I said.

He laughed and said,"we will do this everyday soon, until you got sick of it, I promise."

I looked up and playfully punched his chest.

"We'll get through this okay?" he assured me.

I nodded and we stayed there until the evening.

In the evening, I decided to host a small drinking session because Stella's brother-in-law called. There were updates about the case and he said it would be wrapped up soon. I told Yesung and he was also excited to hear the update. In the end, I invited my parents, my siblings and of course, Stella and Casey. I prepared some snacks and a few bottles of good wine and whiskey, for everyone's preferences.

I set up the dining with snacks and glasses. Yesung and I freshened up ourselves before we welcomed the guests. The first ones to arrive were of course my parents. Then, Justin arrived.

"Oh great! Glad to see you finally back to yourself," he addressed my look and he saw Yesung, "Also now I get to see a sensational artist here! Do you know how much Inna was into you back in high school?"

"Thanks for the compliment! And alright, no need to bring that up, fancy any wine?" I tried to distract him.

While I poured the drink, Yesung tattered behind me, teasing me about being obsessed with him since my high school days.

"Shush.. not now!" I shout-whispered, embarrassed about my early fandom days.

He laughed at my reaction and joined the others on the table. A few moments later, my siblings came. We gave hugs to each other and beyond shocked to see Yesung already sitting on the table beside my dad. They were chatting quite pleasantly too, despite the language barrier and how protective my dad is.

"Inna, what am I looking at?" my brother asked first.

"Well... he cleared up his schedule and took a plane.." I tried to explain before my brother cut me off mid sentence.

"No no no.. I mean dad?" He asked in disbelief.

My sister continued, "he hated strangers Inna, and look how they talk like.. I guess Yesung must really has that charm huh." She nudged me playfully before greeting our parents.

And at last, Stella and Casey arrived. I greeted them and let them in.

"Wow you look so much better! You should do this from the first place. You know none of this was oh my..." she stopped her steps midway when she saw Yesung.

"Is that really..?" She asked.

"The one and only," I replied cheekily.

She shrugged her reaction off and said, "well now that explains." Casey laughed at her reaction and they greeted the rest of them.

The special thing I saw that day was, Yesung managed to shock my family, but yet he didn't make it awkward. He blended in and gave the sense of comfort to people around him. People can talk to him like he's just my boyfriend, not an unapproachable idol.

We drank and asked how things were to each other before Justin clinged the wine glass to get our attention.

"So..." Justin said.