Chapter Twenty Five

I got up the next morning feeling refreshed. I turned off my alarm and got a little exercise since my nephews weren't awake. After a pilates session, I prepared some yogurt and fruits for breakfast. I also prepared a hearty breakfast for the boys. I put the food on the table and cleaned up a little. I cleaned the living room and my bedroom.

While cleaning my bedroom, I heard Leon whined, looking for me already. I went to their room and picked him up right away to not disturb Sammy.

"Hey baby, it's okay I'm here.. let's get out and not wake your brother okay," I said to him as we got out of the room.

"You wanna have breakfast now?" I asked him. He nodded.

I decided to give him some milk first so he could have breakfast together with us later. I prepared the bottle and gave it to him after I checked the temperature. I carried him while he finished his bottle. Yes, I coddled them a lot. But I never had the chance to spend more time with Leon now that I am much more busy.

I cleaned his bottle afterwards and played blocks with him. A few moment later, Sammy woke up. He got out of the room and hugged me.

"Hey sleepyhead.." I hugged him back.

"What's for breakfast?" he asked.

"I know you'd ask.. Come here and see for yourself," I said, knowing he loved what I cooked that morning.

"Wowww my favorite!" he exclaimed.

I laughed as he climbed to his chair. I picked up Leon to his high chair and we had breakfast together. Since there weren't a lot of liquids on their breakfast, I decided to let Leon eat by himself. Of course it was messy, but it would help him feed himself later on. I cleaned up the dishes afterwards and cooked lunch while they played. Midway cooking, my mom came to help.

"So, Inna.. I heard from your brother you're going to Seoul?" my mom asked.

I startled at the question and almost dropped a full plate of food.

"When did he tell you that?" I asked back.

"Well, two, three days ago when I called him," she said.

I didn't reply and kept cooking.

"So?" my mom urged.

I raised my eyebrows.

"He said you're meeting a guy you barely know there," my mom said.

I rolled my eyes. Now, I needed to explain when I wasn't even ready.

"So, you know.. I met an idol back then, when I went to Japan.. And we became friends there and now we're getting serious..," I explained.

"Serious as in...?"

"Like you know, more than friends kinda thing... But really, I went there also for some workshops,"

"You sure...?" my mom asked teasingly.

"Okay, fine I just wanted to make sure he's also serious about this," I whined.

"Okay, I understand you and also root for you. But isn't this kinda sudden?" she asked worriedly, "this isn't like you."

"I know mom, I just, I think I really got carried away. Also, what are the chances an idol, that I like, liked me as in more than friends?" I said and continued, "But just let me go. I really got curious this time. I'm sure nothing will happen much except getting my heart hurt." I joked a little bit.

She shook her head and said, "Okay fine, you can go. I know there's no use restricting you. But one funny business and you have to call us okay?"

"Okay mom," I answered her and hugged her.

We finished cooking around lunch time and my sister arrived a few moments later.

"Oh, the house smells great. What's cooking?" she said as she entered the house.

"I cooked crispy baked potatoes with 3 different cheese and pesto pasta," I replied her.

"Wow, so... western.." she commented.

"Eat it or leave it," I threatened.

She raised her hands and helped serving the food.

We sat down and ate together. I put Leon on high chair and my mom and sister did the job. I got a little break thanks to them.

(Author's note: Happy Independence Day to Indonesia! 77th year 🇮🇩🇮🇩 Anyways, enjoy the chapter!)