Chapter Thirty One

I got inside the house and plopped down on the sofa. I decided to take a nap because of the long day. Long day as in, a lot of unexpected.. things. I kept my phone turned off and didn't bother setting an alarm.

I woke up again hearing banging at my door. I checked my tablet and it said 11 p.m.. I got up groggily and checked the CCTV outside. Turned out it was my parents. They had access until my porch because our house are connected. I opened the door to let them in. They didn't say anything immediately. They got in and set the plates, I saw them brought the food they made.

"Come, let's eat," my dad said to me.

I didn't know what got into me, but I hugged him and cried for like, a solid 15 minutes.

"We heard you had a hard time.." he patted my back and continued, "who is this guy anyways?"

"An idol I really like.." I said as I cried.

"The one I gave the ticket on your high school graduation?" he asked again, shocked.

I nodded and wiped my tears and snot. As independent as I was, I was still the youngest. As much as I didn't show great emotion to people, I feel safe with them. I laugh, cry, tell them everything.

"Shouldn't have bought you that ticket on the first place.." he grumbled.

My mom toned down the situation and ushered us to the dining.

"Let's eat first then we'll talk more, okay," my mom made a signal to my dad.

I saw my mom served my favorite food, braised ribs, rendang. I ate a lot, losing a lot of energy thinking and mostly, crying. After eating, we gathered in my living room.

"So, are you still going?" my mom asked.

"Of course I should, I can't cancel last minute.. I'll lose a lot of money.." I explained.

"You still can earn that money.." my dad said.

"I know, but just.. I didn't even know if it's real or fake news yet, so.."

"So.. you want to go and get yourself hurt there?" my dad asked, impatient.

My mom signaled him to stop and said, "Why don't you turn on your phone first?"

I got my bag to find my phone and turned it on.

Then, my dad said firmly, "Even if that is fake news, and you want to continue the relationship, he'd better come and introduce himself first."

I sighed,"but dad.. I don't know if it's going to be more serious later."

"I don't care, I want to know who we're dealing with right now. I don't want you ended up hurting again. Remember, back in London?"

I lowered my head and said, "okay.. dad."

I looked at my phone and my phone nearly exploded, filled up with notifications.

3 missed call from Stellalala
You have unread messages from Stellalala
3 missed call from Bro👊🏼
5 missed call from Sis 👹
You have unread messages from Sis 👹
You have unread messages from Bro 👊🏼
1 missed call from Mom ❤️
1 missed call from Dad 💙
2 missed call from Home
7 missed call from Kanghoon-ssi✨️
You have unread messages from Kanghoon-ssi✨️
Instagram
stellalaladida: Inna, pick up your phone!
stellalaladida: are you ok?
stellalaladida: should I come over???
stellalaladida: answer the phone you.. little sht!^#&#(!&@&
stellalaladida: im calling your mom
yesung1106: i found your instagram..
yesung1106: i hope this is you, otherwise this will cause even more problem
yesung1106: can you turn on your phone if you see this somewhere?
yesung1106: I'll explain everything
yesung1106: call me, please
.
.
.
"So?" my dad ask curiously as he saw my phone kept dinging.

"He said he wanted to explain.."

"Then?" my mom asked this time.

I checked the messages he left me.

"Inna ya.. have you seen the news article?"
"You must be busy right now.." - 7.44 a.m.
"You must've seen it" - 9.20 a.m.
"Your phone is turned off"
"I understand how you feel.." - 10.07 a.m.
"Let me explain"
"Please.."
"Call me as soon as you see this okay?" - 2.50 p.m.
"You should be home by now, right?"
"At least tell me you're safe at home" - 7.23 p.m.

My mom and dad peeked from behind.

"Aren't you gonna call him? He seems worried," my mom said.

"Let him call her," my dad widened his eyes at my mom and continued, "he brought this here, he should be the one approaching first. Anyways, he'd know you read that, right?"

I nodded.

"Why are you so fired up about this right now that he actually wanted to explain himself?" my mom asked, confused.

"You said it seemed serious. I was happy about it, then I saw my daughter crying not knowing anything. Of course I'm mad,"

"Okay okay.. you guys, calm down. I texted him to call me. You guys can go back, it's late now.." I told them.

"But I want to know how he handled it," my dad complained.

"I promised he'll come here and introduce himself later. But I need to take care of this myself now. Okay dad?" I asked him.

"Okay.. tell us everything later," my mom answered for my dad and ushered him back to their house.

My phone buzzed a few moments later.

"Hello?" I heard his voice.

(Author's note: Enjoy today's chapter 🥰💙 another cliffhanger  ㅋㅋ.. Don't worry, I'll update as much as I can these days. Anyways, I missed Yesung's live again :( but that's to save up for his album, so I'm okay I guess 🥲 thank you for reading!)