Chapter Seventeen

"Make sure you do"

That was the last message he sent. I decided to not reply anymore. I went back to my laptop and contemplated my choice.

"Should I really go?" I thought to myself. "He doesn't really show any certain sign he wants a romantic relationship"

In the end, I saved my notes and shut my laptop down. I cleaned my face and changed into pajamas and went to bed.

I tossed and turned in my bed. I seemed to be unable to sleep after the thoughts.

"How is it even possible an idol date an ordinary person?"

"He's just giving nice gestures as a friend"

"Did I really fall in love with someone I can't really reach?"

These thoughts kept coming through my head as I tried to sleep. In the end, I put on some piano background music to calm myself. I fell asleep around 1 am that night.

The next morning was hell. I was sleepy, I ran out of matcha and coffee, the bakery was packed, everything was messy. I went to work at before 7 am and came back home at 8 pm. I was exhausted. I went to my parents' house for some dinner that night. Thankfully, my mom cooked loads of dishes and all of them were my favorite. I ate a lot and cleaned the dishes.

After cleaning up, I drank with my dad in the living room while watching TV. I talked to my dad about the workshops I wanted to attend and also some other things. I went back to my house around midnight. At home, I cleaned up and took a shower. I went to bed around 2 am.

The next day, I woke up around 6 am. I snoozed a lot of alarms due to my lack of sleep. I got up, did a little exercise and prepared my food for the day. After I finished prepping, I took a cold shower to energize myself and went to work. In the afternoon, Stella came to the café to talk about her wedding preparation.

"So, how's the progress, with Mr. Kanghoon-ssi?" she asked.

"I don't know, I kinda not wanna go now. I don't feel played, I just feel like, you know, I fell for him too soon," I said.

"I guess you do you, but in all seriousness, why don't you just ask him by text?" she asked again.

"And what? Ask him if he liked me, romantically?"

"Well, better text than a direct rejection, in Seoul, no?" she looked at me as if I'm crazy.

"You had a point there..."

"So? What are you waiting for?" she said again.

I decided to text him directly.

"Hi, busy?"

"Did he reply?" Stella asked excitedly.

"Of course not, it's not like he's unemployed," I said to her.

While waiting, we talked more about the wedding preparation. Wedding venues, cake, food, dresses, et cetera. Then suddenly, ding!

"Oooh, is it him?" Stella asked.

I checked my phone and it was him. Stella saw my face and directly moved her chair next to me.

"What did he sayyy?"

"Gosh, patience, I haven't read it yet,"

"Hey"
"I just finished shooting, you good?"

Oh my gosh! My hands trembled, about to type in all the questions in my head.

"Ask him now!" Stella urged me.

"What do I say?? Oh my gosh I'm panicking!" I said to her.

We thought about the right sentence to text him so it's not cringe, made sure it's not invasive and so on.

"Yeah, I think that explains well," Stella shrugged.

"I'm not ready to be ghosted though," I said pleadingly.

"Oh my gosh, Inna. It's sooner or later, just fricking send it," she said impatiently.

"Why do you keep texting me and being so nice? Do you like me? Like more-than-friends like? It's just unusual for me"

(Author's note: hey guys! I got to update today, yay! I had a hard day at work. Should I quit? Lol I can't. Thanks for reading, love yall💙)