Chapter Forty

He drove us back to his apartment. On our way home, I still managed to see a few sights I wanted to see. I took out my phone and took some pictures on the car. Once in a while, I would glance over him and he would hold my hand. Our way back was quiet, knowing it would go back as it used to be again in less than 24 hours. Sadness washed over us, but none of us would express it, knowing it would hurt each other more.

I tried to lighten up the mood. "So, what was your wish just now?"

"It's a secret," he answered playfully.

I pouted,"Maybe I could make it come true right away?"

"Hm.. I'm not sure you can.." he exhaled.

"Why?"

He only answered me with a chuckle. We arrived at the apartment at 2 a.m.. We went up and took turns cleaning up. After I cleaned up, I packed everything I wouldn't need the next day. I also called my parents to let them know I would be back sooner.

"What's going on? Did something go wrong again honey?" my mom asked.

"Well, something does go wrong mom. But, it was none of his fault, none of mine. Someone broke into my room and you know, it's complicated. I'll tell you all about it when we meet," I explained a small glimpse of what happened.

I hung up and Yesung was already by my side, sitting next to me on the bed. He didn't say anything, just looking at me.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked him as I held his hand.

He nodded slowly. Then, my phone rang again. It was an unknown number. He glanced over and shook his head,"Don't answer that. It might be them."

I decided to listen to him and didn't pick up. A few moments later, my phone rang again, still with the same number. Then, I realize the telephone code isn't from South Korea. It was from England.

"I think I know who this is," I whispered.

"You do?"

"Before I came here, I got into a little accident,"

"You what?" he exclaimed before I could finish my story.

"Look, so I bumped someone else's car. Then, turns out, it was my ex from London that came to visit my hometown. And I think this is him, based on the telephone code," I explained to him.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"I was kinda giving you silent treatment that day," I shrugged a little.

"It's when the scandal emerge?"

I nodded.

"Well, what does he want?" he asked again.

"I don't know.. trying to explain himself I guess, after years," I said.

"What happened?"

"It's a long story," I whined, trying to end the conversation about that.

"I can listen,"

I took a deep breath and gave in. After all, he deserved to know. "So, back in the days, when I dated him.. he cheated on me. And I caught him when he used substances with the other girl. That's one and when I got back to my flat, it was on police line because it turned out he had hid those substances in my flat without me knowing anything."

"What?" he asked, shocked.

"Seriously, I have to be held in the station for quite a few days. My parents had to find a lawyer and stuff, bail me out, et cetera.. He gave not only me, but also my family, a difficult time. The point is, he's trying to explain the 'accident', but I need nothing from that person anymore," I explained.

"Thanks goodness you can get out of that,"

"You have no idea,"

He looked at me softly, "If only I found you sooner."

I smiled softly at him, cupping his face and gave him a peck of kiss on his lips. "I found you right on time," I whispered.

This time, he cupped my face, kissing me slowly.

"I'm going to miss you, so much," he said before he continued kissing me, deepening the kiss.

He pulled me in closer and closer, like there was a gap that he couldn't feel. Caught in the moment, my right mind was thrown out of the window. We fooled around that night, not caring about sleeping. There was no logic involved, I guess we both fell deep into each other, or at least I hope so.

I lay onto his chest and he nuzzled into my hair.

"I wish it didn't happen, I wish I could buy all the time the world have," he said slowly.

"I wanna stay too," I looked up to him.

We stayed like that, didn't have a care of the world, spending our last hours together.

"This is my wish," he said suddenly.

I raised my eyebrows, confused,"Having sex?"

"You're really something else sometimes.. But in all seriousness, my wish is to live with you, together, without a care in the world.. I wish I could see you all the time, hold you.." he trailed off.

"Hey.." I softened my voice, "I'm only one flight away.. and you promised you'll be there soon.."

"I know.. but still.."he kissed my forehead softly.

"Visit me soon, okay?"

He pecked my lips.

"No answer?" I sulked.

He laughed and kissed me again,"I will, Inna-ya."

I set an alarm for noon and nuzzled into his chest.

"Sweet dreams," he said to me as I fell deep into slumber.