Alpha - First Blood - Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

"They did! Ask Jimin! They disappeared together to visit the abandoned mansion- and came back acting like newlyweds~! Sora even gifted Taehyung a cliche couple bracelet- and he even said he loved her under the moon~! I witnessed their mortifying romance with my own two eyes~!" Jungkook funnily turned to defend himself while pointing at his bulging eyeballs. The elders skeptically stared at Jungkook's offended claim before diverting their attention to the couple as they sideways... glared at each other from the corner of their eyes.

"Did you guys fight again???" Jimin scoffed, walking forward. Sora and Taehyung immediately snapped their heads upward to fire Jimin a threatening glare when he tried to approach them. He immediately froze at their harsh reaction.

"Aigo~! You should resolve the problem quickly! What is it this time?" Imo sighed in frustration. Jungkook shook his head in disappointment and strolled away with Jimin. The elders sighed in displease at the couple's fruitless relationship, ultimately separating their ways to prepare for the upcoming event.

"Do-hwan. Stay here. Just in case they try to strangle each other," Mrs. Jang dismissively waved, striding away with her husband to prepare for the ceremony. Do-hwan sighed and sat down on a single couch beside the couple, dismissively tapping on his phone as Imo hurried away to prepare the supreme alpha's bath. Taehyung and Sora remain stiff in their place without speaking after getting into a trivial fight in their hotel room earlier.

The chief guard got up to open the door for the other guards as they escorted the stylists and makeup artists inside the room.

Sora's POV

Imo eventually dragged me away from the living room to make me bathe in the hydrating milk foam she prepared. I didn't speak to her and slipped naked into the tub, carefully sitting in the warm water with a slight grimace. The woman only released a heavy exhale... every now and then as she gently exfoliated my back, arms, and legs with a soft scrub. I know she wants to speak to me about the fight.

"What happened? Did Taehyung upset you?" Imo finally asked as she rubbed a soothing oil over my back and shoulder to soften my dull skin. I stayed quiet at first as she calmly massaged my stiff muscles.

"Was he always so problematic?" I asked, blankly staring out the glass barrier to observe the distant islands. What happened earlier? Taehyung wouldn't release me even after I told him he was hurting me, so I shoved him backward.

He got super furious with my harsh reaction and tried to stop me from leaving the room- so we had a small fight until I lost my temper and slapped him hard. Taehyung instantly stopped attacking me after I knocked him back to his senses. Fortunately, Do-hwan found us before Taehyung could throw me off the terrace for smacking him. The man brought us to our parent's suite and told us to behave since the elders were on their way to join us.

"Taehyungie? He was never an easy soul to comfort," Imo quietly spoke from behind my back as she rubbed the scented shampoo between her palms.

"How did you handle him?" I asked. Imo faintly chuckled as she rubbed her fingertips over my scalp to relax my racing mind. I sighed and leaned backward to let her massage my head.

"I almost quit my job as his babysitter the first month at the mansion. But I couldn't leave because of the strict work contract. I promised your mother to take care of him. He was about... fourteen years old then? I saw you for a week before your parents sent you to the States. So I was left to deal with... an ill-tempered heir, Kim Taehyung," Imo sighed.

"He's still ill-tempered," I grunted, glancing down at the floating flower petals in my tub in displease.

"He was undeniably a tough challenge. I worked in a different unit at the Busan Mansion... as a trainee. I only saw you guys from afar. He was a bright kid at the place, but he was never the same after Jungkook's birth mother passed. The household was unstable. You and Jungkook were later exposed to the society after your mother resided in Seoul. The once... brilliant boxy smile on Taehyung's face... withered into... grim thin lips. Of course, I noticed the abrupt changes. He didn't speak with anyone. Not even his parents. And would... often throw a fit when things didn't go his way. He once... shoved a steaming soup into me and... would sometimes... throw his toys at me when he was upset with my presence. It was difficult for me to cater to his needs. I cried sometimes... because I couldn't bear to deal with a headstrong child like him," Imo softly spoke behind my back.