Chapter 6- Preparing

"Major An told you about the mission? You are not a military personnel. Although people with abilities are highly valued these days, without military training it might be dangerous for you to go." Yan Changyi could not help but worry listening to the request of the boy.

"Oh? When I fought the day before no one questioned my views or ability to uphold. Why now? Or Brigadier General Yan does not believe in me?" Qiu Chen smirked, "In that case I might even ask my uncle to assign Commander Xiao to me. After all he had seen me fight, even followed my command on the field." Qiu Chen pointed his chin up arrogantly, "Whether you take me or not, I am going. If uncle does not assign him to me, I am going alone. I believe it's quite within my range of capacity."

Yan Changyi did not know in these two days how many times this boy made him feel helpless. He could see unlike the anger moments ago, the boy was really irritated this time. As if he was not used to people questioning his authority. Yan Changyi vaguely felt if he tried to talk through this right now it would just make the situation worse. He bent down slightly to reach the boy's height.

"Who told you I don't believe you? You are so awesome! Who won't believe you?" He coaxed Qiu Chen in a soft but deep voice. After saying this he stood straight and started walking ahead.

Qiu Chen was really annoyed. He was used to his man agreeing to whatever he said. But just now his man did not believe in him. Well, he knew that Yan Changyi was just worried for him. But it did not stop him from feeling wronged. The man had always spoiled him in the past, why not now? Then he saw his man looking into his eyes and coaxing him. Those eyes! It felt like they carried galaxies them. Qiu Chen started drowing in those eyes. And that voice! What's wrong with him! His cheeks flushed with bright red color. He forgot to be annoyed. So he did not notice when Yan Changyi started walking.

Yan Changyi walked a few steps. He thought Qiu Chen would follow him and would shout at him arrogantly, which, to him, seemed pretty cute. But no one followed him. He looked back and saw the teenager standing as if frozen with two pretty little red patches on his cheeks. Yan Changyi chuckled a bit. He went back to Qiu Chen and took his hand.

Qiu Chen looked at his hand that was suddenly held by someone and was dumbfounded. He looked up and saw Yan Changyi smiling at him softly. "Want to follow me somewhere?" Yan Changyi's low deep voice sounded in his ears making his ears red. Qiu Chen was so flustered that he could not respond. What's wrong with him! It's not like he just fell in love! What's with this irritating reaction of his!

Yan Changyi saw him like that, he did not tease him anymore and just led him by hand. On there way people were looking at them with gossipy eyes. Qiu Chen had always been sensitive to these things. Although he did not feel ant malice from those eyes, he still felt shy. He could not help whisper to Yan Changyi, "Let go of my hand."

Yan Changyi heard the boy's voice which resembled that of a mosquito's and laughed out loud. But he let go of his hand. Qiu Chen was laughed at by him. He was natuarally angry. Even his annoyance that just went away came back.

"Yan Changyi!" he shouted, "How dare you laugh at me!"

With his shout even the passers-by who were not looking at them looked back. But the man, who was shouted at by his little sweetheart left towards the storehouse with big strides. Qiu Chen saw even more people are looking at him. He felt even more ashamed.

"Yan Changyi! You wait for me!" He also ran after the man ignoring all the whispers from all around.

"Is he that Young Master Wen?" An older woman asked the girl beside her.