Chapter 5-More Rumors

After his parents knew that Qiu Chen almost fainted they started to shower him with even more care. This day his parents went on a candle light dinner. Qin Shing was afraid his brother would be alone and cry a river because of loneliness, so he took him to a party that he attended. It was a homecoming party of one of Qin Shing’s childhood friends’. Almost all the upper class family’s young generations were invited.

“Xiao Shui!” someone screamed his name as soon as he entered the venue. It was Xiao Tan, second daughter of the Xiao family and Qin Shui’s only friend who knew about his background. It was also her who tried to set up Qin Shui with Bai Ling.

“Tantan” Qiu Chen greeted and went to her. Qin Shing knew that his brother wasn’t good at socializing and since he already found a friend here, he guessed he could stay with her.

“I’ll go meet my friends.” He told Qiu Chen.

“Brother Qin!” only now Xiao Tan noticed Qin Shing. 

“Miss Xiao” Qin Shing nodded to her and walked towards the center where his friends were.

“Xiao Shui, I am sorry. If I hadn’t talked to Bai Ling for you, you wouldn’t have to suffer so much.” Xiao Tan looked really guilty.

“It’s not your fault. The ones who want to talk will always talk.” Qiu Chen knew that Xiao Tan looked really guilty.

“I’m transferring to your university next week. Say, are you happy?” Xiao Tan had an always smiling personality. She is that kind of person who can light up a dark room only with her smile.

Qiu Chen subconsciously smiled looking at her. He thought he could ask her to help him with the rumors a bit. He told her plan.

“You are awesome, Xiao Shui! I never knew that you were so poisonous!” Xiao Tan almost jumped up with excitement. Qiu Chen held her down by her wrist, still smiling. This scene was seen by Chang Shi. He is also a rich second generation, though his family is not powerful as Qin, Xiao, Qu or Qian family. Chang family could only be rated as second class at most.

Seeing Qiu Chen holding Xiao Tan’s hand so intimately and looking at her with a smile, he thought he came here with her and had a ‘special’ relationship with her. If Qiu Chen could hear his inner thoughts it would’ve made him roll his eyes. The original was into men for heaven’s sake!

Qiu Chen continued talking to Xiao Tan, or it could be said that Xiao Tan was talking nonstop and Qiu Chen was listening.

“May I talk to you alone for a moment?” they didn’t notice when Qu Yu came to them.

Though he was puzzled, Qiu Chen still went to a secluded corner with Qu Yu.

“Brother Yu” Qiu Chen indicated him to talk. Qu Yu looked into his eyes and sighed.

“You are not him. Who are you?” Qu Yu calmly asked.

“I don’t understand what Brother Yu is talking about” Qiu Chen tried to remain calm.

“Your eyes are different. Your eyes can’t make my heart race, his could. You don’t need to pretend anymore. I know you are not him. What did you do to him?” Qu Yu impatiently urged him.

Qiu Chen was shocked to speechlessness. “SYSTEM! What the hell is he talking about?” he roared in is mind.

“It seems like they are really soulmates. So he can recognize Qin Shui’s soul, and knows that you two exchanged.” System was a bit irritated to come out of his hibernation.

“You said soulmates cannot be separated. So what will happen to them?”

“After Qin Shui enters the reincarnation cycle, Qu Yu will be able to follow him. But remember, even for soulmates, strong willpower is needed.” System went offline finishing its oracle.