First World (Fulfilling the Nerd's Wish)

Chapter 1- The Wish

When Qiu Chen woke up he found himself sleeping on a reading table. Looking around, this is a warmly decorated room with an organized single bed, a simple cupboard, a bookshelf that contains books from different sectors, and some plants. It can be said that it's a studio apartment for students. So, the original owner is still a student?

Before the dizziness from infusion subsided, Qiu Chen heard the system's monotonous voice.

"Introducing the first mission: Make the White Moonlight regret"

"So it's a story where the love interest of the original pines for their white moonlight?"

'Seems a campus counterattack mission' Qiu Chen thought.

A flood of data poured down in his brain.

This is an era where homosexuality was well accepted. The original owner was Qin Shui, a sophomore at B University, quiet character, not known to many people, and not being able to do anything but reading. It's quiet surprising for a person like him to have some obsessive unfulfilled wish.

Qin Shui was a very timid boy when he was in school. As expected from any adolescent, he fell in love with another quiet boy in the class named Bai Ling. Although he was secretive about his feelings, he was inexperienced. So, he thought he was hiding his love, but his face told on him in the very beginning. Being introvert didn't mean he didn't have any well wisher. One of his friends tried to set him up with Bai Ling and that's when the biggest blow of his life came.

"Dating a fatso like him? Tell him that even daydreams have some limit."

Yes, Qin Shui was a little fat but he never thought that the person he loved so dearly will despise him for being fat. He was deeply hurt. But his brain didn't work like a normal person. He didn't try hard to lose weight but hoped one day Bai Ling will love him for what he was.

In the sophomore year, when Qin Shui already gave up loving so desperately, Bai Ling transferred to Qin Shui's university. That's when the nightmare of his life began. Bai Ling was no longer the quiet boy from school. He changed into a more outgoing and charming persona who had admirers wherever he went. Not long after he came to the university, the "truth" about Qin Shui's "failed confession" began to circulate around. Qin Shui's quiet peaceful life came to an end. All the disdains and sneers made it hard for him to continue studying in his dream university. His family being rich, sent him abroad where he met an accident died unexpectedly.

Qin Shui, as previously told, doesn't think in a usual way. He still wished for Bai Ling to love him. But he wanted him to regret everything, regret not loving Qin Shui, regret disrespecting him, regret not protecting him.

Yes, the 'white moonlight' was the original's own white moonlight.

Qiu Chen walked towards the bathroom and looked at himself through the mirror. In the mirror stood a young man aged around 19 years with a height of 175cm who weighs around 180 pounds.

Qiu Chen found it interesting, "They say an introvert may hide many things you can never guess in your entire life. Look at this person, he concealed such cruel way of revenge behind such a good-boy-face."

Qin Shui looked really obedient behind the long bangs and glasses. But one thing for sure, he's really good looking.

"How can someone despise such a cute child?" Qiu Chen asked confusedly.

"Host, there is something you need to remember. If you want you can be together with Bai Ling, but you have to emotionally torture him for at least one year."

"Why would I want to be with such a rotten person like him?"

"Because you humans are critical when it comes to emotions. System will now go in hibernation. You will be able to use the system panel yourself. Call me only when you really need it. I will also appear if any emergency occurs."

Qiu Chen carefully observed. It was not too late. The rumor about Qin Shui confessing to Bai Ling had been circulating around for two weeks. The classmates had already begun to distance themselves from Qin Shui. Qiu Chen looked at the time. The next class begins in one and a half hour.

Opening the cupboard Qiu Chen started choosing outfit. This boy Qin Shui was really interesting. His cupboard is full of simple and humble clothing. No one can see his background from his attires. It seems like he wanted a really peaceful life. It's good that this style really suited Qiu Chen's aesthetic. He selected a khaki pant and a white tee; fresh, pure and youthful. Then he changed from his thick black rimmed glasses into a rimless one. "That's more likely it" he gave himself a thumbs up.

Now it's time to meet all those people.

"I'll make them pay" Qiu Chen whispered to the remnant soul of Qin Shui.