Chapter 4- Getting Along and Making a New Friend

Yan Changyi was startled when he was hugged all of a sudden. A pampered soft body rushed into his arms and held him tight. The boy in his arms was covered in the scent of nicotin. Yan Changyi nor smoked, neither he liked the smell of cigerrate. He scrunched his nose in automatic response. But he did not hate the smell as he thought he would, on the other hand he kind of like it. He was a bit surprised. Did he like the smell or the person from whose body the smell came?

While Yan Changyi was pondering he sensed the person in his arms withdrawing. He didn’t know why he panicked. His first subconscious reaction was to prevent the person from moving away. He hugged him back, he held him even tighter. It created an illusion of completeness in his heart. He sighed in satisfaction.

After a minute or two, Qiu Chen was finally able to step back. Yan Changyi also released him as he felt it was indeed a bit awkward to hug a stranger like this. Qiu Chen tilted his face up and looked at him haughtily, like he was not even a bit ashamed of what he just did. Unbeknownst to him, his blushing red ears exposed him. To Yan Changyi he looked like a kitten. A mischievous smile flushed passed his eyes.

“Here you two are,” Commander Xiao’s voice came, “Now the danger has passed and the Brigadier has also woken up, I think we should go back to the camp.”

Qiu Chen nodded and walked passed the two men, Yan Changyi followed him. Commander Xiao did not what happened. He just stood there confusedly. He shrugged his shoulders and signaled the soldiers to gather the goods in market.

After they loaded all the things in the van, there was little space for thirteen grown men to sit inside.

“I’ll walk,” Qiu Chen proposed. Commander Xiao was about to speak his words of disagreement when Qiu Chen said again, “What? You don’t want to? Then I must walk,” he said in a typical spoiled tone.

Commander Xiao could not say anything. This was his boss’s precious nephew, an extremely spoiled kid. What left him questioning his sanity was, what was the real face of this kid? A mature one who could confront his own bullies and lead them to submit? Or the ruthless leader who could fight hundreds of attacking zombies alone? Or this stubborn one who would not listen to anyone at any cost? He looked at Qiu Chen’s back that was moving forward to the camp.

“I’ll follow him,” Yan Changyi said as he got off the van. Commander Xiao did not say anything this time. He silently boarded the van, the soldier in the driver’s seat started the van. Within two minutes the van passed Yan Changyi and Qiu Chen one by one.

Qiu Chen saw the van pass him by. He stopped on his track and trned back.

“Why are you following me?” Qiu Chen lifted his up in the air as he asked the man.

“I am not following you, the van was crowded,” Yan Changyi replied with a slight smile. He walked up to Qiu Chen.

Qiu Chen did not say anything, he just snorted and proceeded to walk in the previous direction. Yan Changyi walked beside him this time.

After a few minutes Qiu Chen asked again, “Your ability must have been exhausted. Are you sure you can walk up to the camp?”