Chapter 2- Meeting the White Moonlight

Qiu Chen walked into the cafeteria for lunch. Cafeteria in lunch hour is busier than any other time of the day. As he entered, all kind of sneering voices entered his ears.

"Isn't that Qin Shui who confessed to Bai Ling?"

"Look at him and look at Bai Ling. How can he even dream about it!"

"Don't you know they were from same high school? He confessed to him back then."

"Didn't he even look at himself before doing such thing!"

"Same high school? Same class?"

"It's supposed to be like that."

"You mean he also got a good grade that way?"

"Probably. Look at him, you'll never guess what heart people are hiding behind their faces."

"Yeah, he looks really the opposite of what he is."

"Pathetic!"

These voices didn't prevent Qiu Chen from enjoying his lunch. Don't look at it, he really didn't eat in a long time.

"Look how he's eating. No wonder he is so fat!"

"Ha ha ha ha, let him eat first, then he will start chasing men."

This time Qiu Chen really felt wronged. He's not fat, ok? He's just a little chubby.

Finishing his lunch he got up and was about to leave. Sensing a stare on his back, he looked back.

"Bai Ling" Qiu Chen muttered in his heart. He could see why Qin Shui had fallen in love with this person. Bai Ling was about 188cm tall, had a gentlemanly aura, and most importantly he got a pair of beautiful eyes, serene like a forest during sunrise. He felt melancholy looking into those eyes. It's the original's obsession.

So, Bai Ling was sitting here listening to everyone criticizing Qin Shui for so long without any interference? Although Qin Shui liked him, he never really chased him or fawned over him. Bai Ling could easily end this with single sentence that it wasn't their matter to discuss other people's personal life, but he did not. What 'gentleman', he is clearly a scum.

Bai Ling was having lunch with his friends when he saw Qin Shui enter the cafeteria. He also heard it when people were mocking Qin Shui. Criticizing Qin Shui means praising him. If he said he wasn't enjoying the praises, it would be a lie. He himself also despises a 'self-disrespecting' person like Qin Shui.

But when Qin Shui looked back just now, the disappointment in his eyes startled Bai Ling. He had known Qin Shui for a long time but never had he ever seen that look in his eyes. It wasn't the usual admiration, nor it was panic, but disappointment in himself. He doesn't know why his chest felt stuffy from Qiu Chen's stare. He got up almost instinctively to follow him out of the cafeteria.

"Hey, where are you going?" one of his friends asked.

"Gotta meet Professor Zhao for something" Bai Ling himself didn't notice that he was fluently making excuses to follow Qiu Chen.

He walked towards the academic building, eyes searching for the little chubby man. Bai Ling saw the person under a plum tree feeding water to a little stray puppy. A light brown puppy and a white clothed young man, they matched so well. Unbeknownst to himself, Bai Ling's lips curled upwards.

"What are you looking at?" Bai Ling didn't notice when Qiu Chen walked up to himself.

"Just standing here. Who are you to ask me?" Bai Ling frowned, his favorable impression of Qiu Chen was gone as soon as he realized the one he was watching was Qin Shui.

"Oh, my bad! You're the male god here. If I talk to you, it'll tomorrow become me confessing to you."

Qiu Chen left in a hurry without saying any more word.

Bai Ling looked at Qiu Chen's fleeting back. From his point of view it looked like an injured animal is escaping the trap that hurt him. A complicated feeling rose in his heart.

As Bai Ling couldn't see Qiu Chen's face he was unable to see the scheming smile formed on his lips which was nowhere near that of an injured animal. He has already started to present himself as a pure, harmless and soft person in front of the white moonlight.

The child who cries, gets the candy. If you show that you're vulnerable, people will accumulate good points for you. Humans always tend to protect the one they think need their protection. They won't want to protect you for you, they'll just satisfy their own cravings to be a 'good man'. You'll just be a tool for their psychological satisfaction. System said one thing right, humans are indeed weird.

Entering classroom Qiu Chen walked towards the desk according to the original's memory. He felt the resentment Qin Shui felt to sit in this classroom. This classroom was a heaven to Qin Shui until the rumors spread. In his last days in the university this heaven became a hell for him.

Tang Feng, a soft looking boy, Bai Ling's admirer, made this hell. Although Tang Feng looked really soft on the outside, he was a lot scheming on the inside. Qin Shui was an introvert, so he didn't really communicate with his classmates. Tang Feng was the opposite. He had a good relationship with almost everyone in the class with an exception being Qin Shui.

It was exactly this person who spread the rumors about him. That being said, all the misfortunes Qin Shui encountered was because of this person. Qiu Chen looked at the seat beside him, which belonged to Tang Feng and vowed to himself to make this green tea bitch pay.

Qiu Chen called Tang Feng green tea bitch because taking the advantage of Qin Shui being introvert, Tang Feng spread another rumor. That is, Qin Shui achieved a good result by copying his papers. Qin Shui thought it was just some low level trick. But he paid a heavy price for underestimating Tang Feng.

His family, although is rich and powerful, pays great attention to moral conduct. They tried to interrogate Qin Shui about the truth. But all the things happening made him more and more introverted. So when the family members inquired about it, he said nothing. They believed the rumor about copying the papers were true and thus sent him abroad where he met the accident that took his life.