~47~

~

Jefferson sat at the table with a bottle next to him. After he came back to his house he went straight for the bottle. He was glad to have finally spoken to Johnathan without having a break through.

He envied it also. He didn't have a chance to speak to his father and find out what it was that was wrong with him.

Micheal stared at his phone, waiting for some sort of call or even a text from Annie. He knows why she wouldn't answer him, but why isn't she? He can only wonder if the woman is officially done with him.

Micheal rubbed his eyes to ease him upcoming frustration with her. Maybe this is her way of torturing him again. As said before, their divorce fucked him up completely.

"Come on Ann..." he mutters to himself. Micheal exhaled a breath and finally picked up his phone, calling her. It rang, and rang, and rang.

'Hey it's me Ann, and if I don't answer then that means money called first, but you can leave a message if it's unimportant.'

After the recording was a beep.

"Ann...please talk to me." His tone is low and filled with distress. He's been doijg this for the past month now, technically two months since it's the beginning of the second month, and there's still no answer.

"I spoke to Johnathan...we had a nice talk. Not sure if he forgives me but he understands now. And the same goes for me." Micheal exhales.

"Please Ann...you know I love you still...I hate being alone." His last statement was barely above a whisper.

The beep signaled again and Micheal set his phone down, drinking straight from the alcohol bottle. Micheal set his head down and the moment he did he heard a ring of his doorbell.

He pitched up and quickly got out of his seat. He knows it's her, if not he'll kill himself, he promises himself that.

Micheal exhaled and rubbed his face to look more appealing in his deplorable state. There was another ring and Micheal quickly comed his hair with his fingers. He exhales, the strong smell of alcohol reaching his nose.

"Shit." He hesitates, wanting to drink a bottle of juice or something else to dim the smell, but another annoying ring echoed his ears.

Micheal opened the door and pursed his lips together. His blue eyes landed on her, Annie. Her hair is down and she's in an office dress. She looks absolutely pefect, but he on the other hand looks aboslutely terrible.

She can see it in his features. His sleepless eyes, the grown stuble on his face, his hair and the smell of alcohol radiating from him.

Not only that she got every last message he left for her. Some pleading in sadness as the others were demanding and aggressive.

Annie cleared her throat. "Johnathan called me today...told me you wanted to talk."

She was stunned when Johnathan of all people was suggesting she speak to the man.

"Wait, I thought you hated us together." She states.

"I do since he stresses you out and the both of you only want to fuck when you're around but...he's progressing. Just talk...nothing more."

"Wow, seems like that talk really went well."

"It did mom, and I understand now, but he looks fucking wrecked," Johnathan laughed.

"Ugh, fine. I'll talk to him."

So, here she is. Micheal finally steps to the side, nodding in confirmation. Annie walked past him, entering the home they once called theirs.

Annie immediately noticed the broken glasses on the floor, chairs upturned with a coffee table that has can beers and empty bottles of alcohol he never got around to cleaning.

"S-sorry about the mess," he mutters in shame and embarrasment. Annie came to a stop as Micheal popped the living room chair back on its four legs.

Annie hastily took a seat and sighed, crossing her legs. She glanced around, feeling sorry for the man. She knows he gets like this but...it was for the better. For her at least.

Micheal just stood there, not knowing where to start, so Annie was the first to break the ice.

"What do you want, Micheal?" She finally asks.

"I'm sorry."

She sighs. "You're always sorry, Micheal. Can't you see that you never changed? You had sex with your student, your sons first lover. You don't do stuff like that."

"I know that but-

"But what?"

Silence.

"Annie, please, I don't want to get angry."

"Yeah, and then you resort to anger. I may be used to it because I've been married to you for so long, but that doesn't mean that I enjoy it. I'm just tired of the same old thing."

Micheal didn't like anything that came out of her mouth. He can only wonder if Abigail was truely her breaking point.

"I don't mean to hurt you Ann, I never mean to hurt you. It was a messed up period before but recent events only occured because you divorced me."

"Because you got out of control. Then you nearly killed your own son may I remind you," she says standing up.

Nothing is going good.

"I didn't mean too," he defends desperately. He doesn't want to be alone. She shook her head as if he had just told the biggest lie on the planet.

Micheal got close to her, even managing to touch her, but she pulled back, not wanting to give in to his touch. Micheal felt his heart close in when she did so.

"Ann...all I want is you alright? I only had sex with her once. That's all. After you divorced me I couldn't even think straight. She was the only person I had sex with the past year now...and it's not like I enjoyed it."

"You still had sex with her!" She shouts, her eyes getting glossy with tears. "Don't you know how much that hurt hearing you confess to something like that?! Huh?!" She shoves him. Micheal watched as a few tears fell from her eyes.

"It hurts every fucking time Micheal. For years I had not slept with anybody but you!" Annie shoved him again and he stumbled again.

"Do you have sex with other women?"

"Ann...it's been two years ever since our divorce...do you want me to be alone forever?"

"You know what, I'm gone."

"Why?"

"Forget about it, Micheal."

He felt terrible. Micheal took a step forward and Annie took a cautious one back.

"Don't."

Micheal grabbed her hand and pulled her into him, wrapping his arms qround her. Annie sniffled and tried to push him off but he refused to let her go.

"I'm sorry," he whispers. "I love you, Ann..."

Annie let out a sob and Michel held her tighter. Letting her go now wouldn't be an option.

"I'll always love you; you know that."

" Just please don't hurt me again," she sniffs. Micheal loosened the hug to look at her and wiped her tears. She held his wrists, her eyes closing at his touch.

Micheal leaned down, his lips touching hers. "I won't. I promise."

~